Hurricane Sandy

Got the cell phones on charge along with the iPad and the Kindle...

The weather radio is battery/crank operated, so we're good there too.

ruger...if you have an old analog phone that might come in handy.Sometimes the power is out but (why I dunno) the phone lines still work...during the storm, if you are its direct path, the walls will "Breathe" and your ears will pop like on a plane. The animals go nuts, especially cats. But Jack Daniels has been there for me and my Johnny Cash collection.. Prayers and good Karma to you and your family.

Station 44014
NDBC
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:50:00 UTC
Significant Wave Height: 23.3 ft
Dominant Wave Period: 14 sec
Mean Wave Direction: ENE (65°)
Atmospheric Pressure: 29.17 in and falling
Air Temperature: 65.1 F
Dew Point: 64.2 F

Most everything is being canceled or shut down in the case of mass transit, schools and the federal government in the Washington DC area for Monday. Be safe out there Mr. Duncan. And be safe to the others in the path of Sandy.

ruger...if you have an old analog phone that might come in handy.Sometimes the power is out but (why I dunno) the phone lines still work...during the storm, if you are its direct path, the walls will "Breathe" and your ears will pop like on a plane. The animals go nuts, especially cats. But Jack Daniels has been there for me and my Johnny Cash collection.. Prayers and good Karma to you and your family.

Old analog phones are powered by batteries from the switching facility, this is why they still work even when the power is out. As long as the phone line isn't physically damaged, power is sent over the lines to the phone.

Sitting here in Boston, waiting... our clinic is already closed for tomorrow. But we aren't getting the worst of it, that's to the south - stay safe folks, wherever you are in the storm!

Hope everyone stays safe. Don't forget you can recharge cells on car chargers if power lost.

Can't add anything to this other than my best wishes for everyone affected. Much mojo.

We're supposed to get some effects from the storm, but not nearly what the easterly folks will have to deal with.

I'm sitting in my office, in DC. A bit of rain and breezy. Only 3 cancellations this am. Of course, I'm sure there will be more than few "no shows"...

We'll start calling the afternoon patients, to make sure they're coming in. My guess is they'll all cancel and we'll be done by noon...

Jamie

Here in the office in Carroll County - LOTS of rain. First patient has come and gone already.... We'll see if there are cancellations later or DNKA (did not keep appointment). I do have one cancellation for tomorrow already...

All schools, gov't offices and most everything else closed already here in MD. Eastern Shore, Kent Island area will be a mess with the storm surge. Water levels are already above the peak storm surge from Irene last summer, not looking good. Stay safe in Stevensville. We'll be hunkered down in Montgomery County.

JMintzer and rugerpc - Cancel those appointments and go home, not worth it, things will start to deteriorate quickly this afternoon. Looks like peak winds starting to kick in but early evening tonight.

Stay safe.

In central NJ waiting to get hit...stocked up on food, water, medicine, batteries, etc...and the American PRSi and Boogie are on the second floor now...all else elevated, and all pic'd and inventoried.

Be and stay safe all, Godspeed us :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've had very limited experience with hurricanes along The Gulf Coast, and I'm far enough inland nowadays where tornadoes are the big concern. Please be as safe as you can, and take care of each other - including your pets.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Seeing pics on TV whilst the NY Mayor is talking... Ocean City - Not sure how near to where PRS is based other than it's Maryland? - Looking very rough in those pics.

Hope everything turns out ok for PRS, and everyone on the East Coast of the US.

I'm not completely sure but I do think the factory is closed. I live about an hour and a half or so west of factory and its raining pretty hard and wind blowing but I'm sure its alot worse there especially considering that the factory is so close to the bay.

Back