Hurricane Idalia

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
Hope none of y'all are in Florida in the path of Hurricane Idalia! We've already been upgraded to expect around up to 70mph stained winds here in The Charleston, SC areas around 2am tomorrow morning. Still have rather unfond memories of Cat 4 Hurricane Hugo when I was in college in the late '80's! Most wood I've ever cut with a chainsaw... Dohhhhh!

It went North of me. Now I just have to watch it to be aware if it makes a loop and comes back in my direction. I saw a couple of models yesterday that showed it doing that and hitting around Miami and Fort Lauderdale and moving up the coast over me. Time will tell.

If it is heading your way, batten down the hatches and dig in. Hopefully it will die out and not cause a lot of damage.

I chatted with some coworkers this morning that live in the North part of the state to see how things are going up there. Tallahassee is getting pounded pretty hard. A bunch of them lost power early on when the storm started rolling in.

Just found out that our company is shutting down at noon today to allow people to get home before things get ugly. We have people that have a pretty serious commute from home, so a big thumbs up to our management.

Just found out that our company is shutting down at noon today to allow people to get home before things get ugly. We have people that have a pretty serious commute from home, so a big thumbs up to our management.
Thankfully this one is coming at you mostly across land instead of from the south east. I hope it weakens a lot before it gets to you.

The storm was located about 5 miles east-northeast of Madison, Fla., and 25 miles south of Valdosta, Ga., around 10 a.m. ET, with maximum sustained winds of 105 mph. A storm surge of up to 16 feet is expected in some parts of Florida. Forecasters are warning about tornadoes in both Florida and Georgia.

Back