Hurricane Sandy

mithogo

East coasters please stay safe. This is a powerful storm. Stevensville MD is very close to the direct path.

OK, everyone hunker down and be sure to put new batteries in your portable amps for when the power goes out. It is a know fact that even a day without a guitar can cause Lockjaw or Rickets or even a Severe Metarsal Paronychia.

Seriously though, Sandy looks like one bad be-otch of a blow hard and everyone needs to keep safe...

OK, everyone hunker down and be sure to put new batteries in your portable amps for when the power goes out. It is a know fact that even a day without a guitar can cause Lockjaw or Rickets or even a Severe Metarsal Paronychia.

Seriously though, Sandy looks like one bad be-otch of a blow hard and everyone needs to keep safe...

It's going to hit the coast at a 90 degree angle.

Being from Florida, and having rode out Katrina and multiple other storms, my best advice is to take a COMPLETE inventory(pics and serial numbers) of anything valuable for insurance. They are very reluctant to pay for any losses in which thousands of people are affected. If you do evacuate, board up your windows,etc. I dont evacuate any more because it takes forever sometimes to get back to one's domicile. Plus the ones that stay behind loot (especially pharmacies) and if they know that one is occupying the residence they will go to greener pastures. Be prepared for 1-2 weeks without power.

Prayers and best wishes............

Kicking myself for selling my acoustic. Too late to buy a generator for my amp. That's what I get for being late to the PANIC!

I can play on my iRig through my iPhone with headphones too, doncha know. So many options! (a little red Roland with bat'ries, an Angelus SE too). Life could be worse.
And that Costco rotisserie chicken in the fridge is looking mighty good too!

I'm more than a little concerned for the factory at Stevensville who's elevation is a whopping 13 feet above sea level. The winds will be from the North and West which will pile water up on the Kent Island (East) side of the bay

I hope the factory has good flood insurance and that they have moved as much as is practical to the second floor.

Last edited:
I've been called in for the midnight shift tomorrow here in Northern VA. Getting lots of extra clothes, boots, sleeping bags, medications, pillows all ready to go. Don't think I'll get to do much in the way of sleeping though. My wife is less than amused that I'm leaving her at home with the eight, six, and three year olds.

Hatches are battened and, hopefully, we're ready for Sandy.

Stay safe all. And to think I was pissed that we have 4" of the white stuff on the ground here this morning...kinda appreciate the prairies at the moment.

Stay safe to all, don't take any risk as this looks to be nasty!

addendum...Charge ALL the cellphone batteries you can find. Believe me, if one does not have a generator, this will be like gold. you will have neighbors coming over like zombies wanting to know if your cell works.Plus freeze everything now..It will thaw later. Have a radio as cable willbe out. Tell your guitars that this is temporary and that Daddy will protect them and everything will be fine.

Last edited:
Back