Hurricane Sandy

Already said, but it's worth repeating: All of you folks in Harm's Way are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lloyd

We're closed again today. We don't close often! The Bay Bridge just reopened a couple of hours ago. Things calmed down on the Annapolis side of the bridge late last night. Lots of rain, though.

We got lucky!

The cleanest NYC Taxi's you'll ever see.

superstormsandy_new_ap_cars.jpg

The Replica ship HMS Bounty went down off of Cape Hatteras. Why that place is so dangerous is quite simple. The Gulf Stream which can run 7 knots plus meets opposing seas and winds so (and this is why the Edmund Fitz went down) the waves are not only mountainous but they are only one side of a sine wave. They have no backs. A vessel encounters "Three Sisters"...You go over the first one..The second clobbers your bow, the third..puts you under. Like driving over a cliff.

Last edited:
Mr. Garvey... As i had several "chaps" on board from Southhampton during the BP oil spill, I did learn that that the correct prounciation of "Aluminum" was... Al -you- mini-um. Now is this regional or standard/

Of course we say " All lume..... in... ummm"...We gave you Robert Johnson...And Elvis..but then you gave us .....uhhh everything else. HA!

Managed fine here in the 'burbs of B'more, but not quite as well down on the southern Eastern Shore. Video below was texted to me by my next door neighbor down in Crisfield. When told that my 800lb wave runner is now upside down on my front lawn, I couldn't understand how that could have happened. It's stored on a lift that's at least 6' above the water at the end of a 300' pier, that is off of my back yard....until I saw the video looking out over my back yard....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back