How about some PRS Bass love?!..

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
I've been on this forum for a while and it's about time we create a proper thread for the bass guitars that PRS makes. Unless there is a really old thread that I couldn't find, then I apologize...
I started my musical endeavors on the bass when I was 12 years old, so I've always had a soft spot for them.
I personally think that the newer grainger basses are some of the finest instruments both visually and sonically on the market today. And although I've yet to own one, I've played a few and came incredibly close to purchasing a 4 string in faded whale blue w/maple neck. My next purchase will be a grainger bass, as I'm pretty much covered in the guitar department ( aside from a possible SE Holcomb which I will snatch up if/when they come out)
So Let's see your PRS basses, past or present. American or SE's! Or maybe you have a pic of one you don't own, but really like. Let's show some well deserved love on this forum and who knows, maybe we will see an S2 series bass in the future...

Here is the only PRS bass I currently own, and it's a special one!
1986-87 4 string in Pearl Magenta finish
Brazilian board
Moon inlays
The knobs are not original which really bum me out...but that's the way I bought it
image_zpslmovnezz.jpeg

image_zpsbwl6sw46.jpeg

image_zps8jkk9dlc.jpeg

image_zps2si1upnw.jpeg

image_zps6hl4srok.jpeg

Who had that HB bass on their table at EXP 2016?

That thing has been haunting me and I'd love to get another look at it but I can't seem to find it. If that had been part of the core line my amp funds would be gone.

Bought this one to replace a worn out, very inexpensive Yamaha I'd been using for home recording for several years. For the money, this is the best bang for buck out there I found in my budget range(Under $1K). And there are a lot of basses from very well known brands in this price range(you know the ones), but why buy those when you can get one with the PRS brand and add to the harem? Very high quality bridge and tuners, can dial it in and blend the JB style pickups too. Nothing not to like with this one. Ernie Ball 2833, .045-.105.

Last edited:
And just for kicks here is my playing it a few days before Halloween of 2014, hence the zombie makeup.
We were having a costume/zombie party on Friday the 31st at work, and I needed to test the makeup out first the weekend before.

I really like the Kingfisher a lot, very easy to play.
I find it much easier to use a pick though than with my fingers.
Not coordinated enough :D

Man, those are all some fine looking basses!
I've yet to try one of the SE basses, but they look REALLYwell built and I'm sure they sound excellent.

Keep em' coming!

I've been on this forum for a while and it's about time we create a proper thread for the bass guitars that PRS makes. Unless there is a really old thread that I couldn't find, then I apologize...
I started my musical endeavors on the bass when I was 12 years old, so I've always had a soft spot for them.
I personally think that the newer grainger basses are some of the finest instruments both visually and sonically on the market today. And although I've yet to own one, I've played a few and came incredibly close to purchasing a 4 string in faded whale blue w/maple neck. My next purchase will be a grainger bass, as I'm pretty much covered in the guitar department ( aside from a possible SE Holcomb which I will snatch up if/when they come out)
So Let's see your PRS basses, past or present. American or SE's! Or maybe you have a pic of one you don't own, but really like. Let's show some well deserved love on this forum and who knows, maybe we will see an S2 series bass in the future...

Here is the only PRS bass I currently own, and it's a special one!
1986-87 4 string in Pearl Magenta finish
Brazilian board
Moon inlays
The knobs are not original which really bum me out...but that's the way I bought it
image_zpslmovnezz.jpeg

image_zpsbwl6sw46.jpeg

image_zps8jkk9dlc.jpeg

image_zps2si1upnw.jpeg

image_zps6hl4srok.jpeg
Awesome!!

Back