Happy New Gear Day! Well it was a happy NGD… until I took pics

So sorry that happened, these kinds of mishaps can be mini-heartbreakers. Maybe try drop-filling the dent with poly, or super glue, or clear nail polish, then sanding till level and following up with a fine polish?

Like DTR, I can not believe that a cell phone from 2 inches could do that! Makes me paranoid about the actions I sometimes take with my guitars (like one of my straps having plastic rings for length adjustment)!! I get that the more finish you put on a guitar, the more the tone we want is dampened, but we should not have to worry about something as simple as what happened in your case!!! Best of luck with the PTC upgrades, sounds like it will be killer (but I would imagine those upgrades will cost you a pretty penny from what I have seen on those gold hardware prices)!!!! Enjoy the hell out of it, you've already marked it!!!!!

Like DTR, I can not believe that a cell phone from 2 inches could do that! Makes me paranoid about the actions I sometimes take with my guitars (like one of my straps having plastic rings for length adjustment)!! I get that the more finish you put on a guitar, the more the tone we want is dampened, but we should not have to worry about something as simple as what happened in your case!!! Best of luck with the PTC upgrades, sounds like it will be killer (but I would imagine those upgrades will cost you a pretty penny from what I have seen on those gold hardware prices)!!!! Enjoy the hell out of it, you've already marked it!!!!!
Yea the PTC didn’t have the two piece bridge in stock so I actually purchased my gold hardware from Sweetwater minus the 58/15LT’s as those I have to purchase from the PTC direct and wound up getting the gold phase III’s for the same price as nickel and a little bit off the two pieces of the two piece bridge so it lessened the blow a little at least hah. So what’s left for the PTC is the pickups, electronics, bone nut, and satinize the neck… yea still costing a pretty penny but at the end of the day still a fraction of the price of a core!

I wish I wasn’t so obsessed with the pattern thin neck or I’d probably have just gotten a core 594.

Back