(EDIT) New Guitar Day, surgury already planned. PRS McCarty 594 Thinline

Did you have to go with S2 tuners? I'm wondering if the core line tuners would fit.

From my research.. The phase III fit in place of the vintage using the same holes but there is an indentation from the vintage housing left. Mann has PRS locking vintage and the gotoh vintage fit as well.

New Guitar Day.

Someone please tell me that I'm not the first person to think of this guitar as an SG Killer.

Light as a toy compared to my other guitars but this guitar delivers the goods! So much so that I'm going to spend some time A/B testing against my three core line 594's to make sure I won't miss these pickups before in install the OP mentioned pickups and wiring kit.

And as for what was expressed previously as a concern, I realized only after I had finished running the new guitar through its paces and hung it on the guitar stand that (aside from the REALLY stiff tuners) my brain thought I was playing a core line guitar. Not once did I ever think "this is pretty good for an S2 line" and certainly never did I think (like that one guy) that it felt like an SE model. Nope. The only thing I didn't care for was how hard I had to crank on the tuners when tuning it to pitch. But that is an easy fix.

PRS_2020-McCarty-594-THINLINE.jpg

Following. I want one of those Thinlines bad. I so so so so wish that I never sold my extra set of Starla pickups. This would be the perfect double cut Starla option in my personal opinion.

Looking forward to your review!

New Guitar Day.

Someone please tell me that I'm not the first person to think of this guitar as an SG Killer.

Light as a toy compared to my other guitars but this guitar delivers the goods! So much so that I'm going to spend some time A/B testing against my three core line 594's to make sure I won't miss these pickups before in install the OP mentioned pickups and wiring kit.

And as for what was expressed previously as a concern, I realized only after I had finished running the new guitar through its paces and hung it on the guitar stand that (aside from the REALLY stiff tuners) my brain thought I was playing a core line guitar. Not once did I ever think "this is pretty good for an S2 line" and certainly never did I think (like that one guy) that it felt like an SE model. Nope. The only thing I didn't care for was how hard I had to crank on the tuners when tuning it to pitch. But that is an easy fix.

Oh yeah!

New Guitar Day.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Back