Guitar playing chair?

Maybe a simple footstool is all I really need, plus a plain old folding chair, to put my back into a more erect position?

You could find a simple wooden guitar stool, but it might not be that comfortable (I own one myself, and use it solely for when someone visits and needs to read over my shoulder when I work).

An armless stenographers chair might work well (check you local Yellow pages for used office furniture...there's bound to be at least one warehouse not far from you that sells used or refurbished office furniture).

MSOK-large.jpg

Roc n soc for me. Added a backrest as well. Extra padded which is great for long jam sessions.

MSOK-large.jpg

Roc n soc for me. Added a backrest as well. Extra padded which is great for long jam sessions.

Had to check SW website...

That's relatively close to what I've got, sans the crotch/leg extension...and backrest. Would consider this, but the pricetag...ouch...shave off $100 and I might consider...

Am checking FB Marketplace just now for armless office chairs...there are several, some within my price range. Am calculating cost and mileage, plus drive time this week. May replace a dining room table chair for an armless one, and add cushion for tail padding...o_O

Had to check SW website...

That's relatively close to what I've got, sans the crotch/leg extension...and backrest. Would consider this, but the pricetag...ouch...shave off $100 and I might consider...

Yep, they're pretty proud of them at SW. I figured if this is going to be the chair/stool I'm going to be sitting for hours in while I play and record at home, I want to be comfortable so that was something I didnt want to cut costs for.

Yep, they're pretty proud of them at SW. I figured if this is going to be the chair/stool I'm going to be sitting for hours in while I play and record at home, I want to be comfortable so that was something I didnt want to cut costs for.

my grandmother used to say a&p was proud of their produce.

I bought one years ago for a drum kit in the music room. Drummers like it better than the kit. Comfy and durable.

I was entertaining the idea of a stool, but since PRS doesn’t sell them anymore I figured they were passé.

The seats are pretty impressive...am hoping to complete a transaction for an armless wheeled wooden office chair (will put cushion on seat) that tilts back slightly but has firm tension so as not to fall backwards on itself. (Harold Lloyd comes to mind). It was originally a teller's or banker's chair (IIRC). Will learn more tomorrow evening while completing the transaction...

The chair will replace a dining room table captain's chair that will stay in the family. The banker's chair will serve for both the dining room and guitar chair (music room adjoining space).

I just use a solid Chinese Oak bar stool. Its more for leaning on, than sitting. I think I paid $9.99 for it at Walmart. I though about the one 11Top was showing, but i cant justify the $80 to the wife. She'd probably say something about already having a chair or chairs all over the house.

Back