Alike Yet So Different...

I’ve tried to buy many Taylors, none have worked out for my tastes. I’ve played 100’s of Martins and I usually find maybe 1 in 10 that I like. I played a J40 at Dave’s and it was absolutely killer. PRS PS and core have also been a mixed bag. The few I’ve really loved, I didn’t have the budget for at the time. The a Collection that totally suits me right now but I can’t afford it or try it out. There would have to be a great return policy for me to buy an acoustic online, even then I’d be nervous. I try to purchase from certain dealers I really like these days and I hate returning guitars to those dealers.

That Would Be An Expensive Day Because The Accordion Would Make All The Guitars Sound Great And You Would End Up Buying More.
I once had to rent an accordion for a Zydeco project a client wanted for an ad.

I had a ball with it, hadn't played one since I was a kid. I still remembered how!

From time to time I go on websites and look for one, but then I realize no one really wants to hear it. Then I give up the idea. But it resurfaces here and there.

On one of my acoustic purchases I asked the sales guy in the shop to play the two for me that I had narrowed it down to. When playing them myself they were really close. One was a Taylor and the other was a Martin. As soon as I heard the first chord strummed on the second guitar it was clear to me which one was the one I was taking home. It was amazing how much different the two sounded when standing in front of the person playing them.

When I bought my Martin, I had narrowed it down to 2 guitars. I took my best friend/longest running musical collaborator with me and had HIM play them. While it wasn't me playing, it was someone playing whose style I knew well. Like you, it took no time to finalize my choice at that point. 15 years later, still the right call.

I once had to rent an accordion for a Zydeco project a client wanted for an ad.

I had a ball with it, hadn't played one since I was a kid. I still remembered how!

From time to time I go on websites and look for one, but then I realize no one really wants to hear it. Then I give up the idea. But it resurfaces here and there.
Sounds Like Me And My Pedal Steel Fetish. :)

Back