Gigging Guitar Dilemma

Only if I had someone to carry it for me. I normally have both guitar and drums in tow already and I drive a mini. You setting me up for another 'how many xxx can you get into a mini?' challenge?

They come with wheels on the bottom “Rollin’, rollin’”;)

They come with wheels on the bottom “Rollin’, rollin’”;)

They might do but my next forum thread might then be 'Hi, I have 3 PRS guitars, some drums, various pedals and mics and an enclosed guitar rack. I also drive a mini. Have any of you ever tried getting all of this plus at least one other band member in a mini? If so, please can you submit a diagram showing me how??'

They might do but my next forum thread might then be 'Hi, I have 3 PRS guitars, some drums, various pedals and mics and an enclosed guitar rack. I also drive a mini. Have any of you ever tried getting all of this plus at least one other band member in a mini? If so, please can you submit a diagram showing me how??'

Mini Clubman!!;)

It's exactly this kind of logic that gets me into trouble! Because I learned that there is no such thing as owning one PRS and that the trick is to get several, play them all, don't just be a collector (which totally isn't in my genes anyway), I now own 3 lovely guitars and care what happens to them. Back in the day of the second hand cheapy, I didn't care so much. But then I never sounded so good or enjoyed playing so much. Thanks Sergio - although you would be hopeless to have around if I ever had to go PRS cold turkey!

You mean quit PRS? Yeah, I’d never leave you alone, ask JFB. I sent him two links today to get back onboard.

You know, you were already approaching the problem in the same way by thinking about an SE. Only, you were looking at it from a “top-down” point of view, when the better solution is “bottom-up”.

See, my White West St. is the greatest guitar that has ever been made in the history of all guitars, and if it isn’t irreplaceable, it’s pretty damn close to it. Now, we all know how much I paid for it, which helps to a degree about my fears of something happening to it but, there’s no way in the foreseeable future that I could afford to replace it.

So here’s where the Santana comes in, it sure is a nice guitar, fancier than most even, but compared to the Great White Westie.... it’s trash. Every other guitar on earth is to me.

So, the bowling alley show I’m about to play that’ll require many pitchers of beer to forget while my gear sits in a corner? Santana.

I’m living the glamorous life. You should too.

You mean quit PRS? Yeah, I’d never leave you alone, ask JFB. I sent him two links today to get back onboard.

You know, you were already approaching the problem in the same way by thinking about an SE. Only, you were looking at it from a “top-down” point of view, when the better solution is “bottom-up”.

See, my White West St. is the greatest guitar that has ever been made in the history of all guitars, and if it isn’t irreplaceable, it’s pretty damn close to it. Now, we all know how much I paid for it, which helps to a degree about my fears of something happening to it but, there’s no way in the foreseeable future that I could afford to replace it.

So here’s where the Santana come in, it sure is a nice guitar, fancier than most even, but compared to the Great White Westie.... it’s trash. Every other guitar on earth is to me.

So, the bowling alley show I’m about to play that’ll require many pitchers of beer to forget while my gear sits in a corner? Santana.

I’m living the glamorous life. You should too.

On that basis, this upstart, more expensive guitar needs to have an iridescent silver glitter finish. It's a logic I am finding hard to fault and that worries me!

At least take the 22 piezo - it’s already got a sad little ding so another would be less tragic. Don’t go downscale to play for pay. Stick with what makes you feel like a guitar goddess.

I would take good guitars out with me, perhaps not my prettiest, but top notch. Depending on circumstances that might include:
The grey westie
The violin
25th anniversary HB, probably even in the white case
Either my build to order Taylor, or the Birds of a Feather Angelus
In special circumstances my Masterbuilt Strat or the Thorn E type (tele with a resonator)
No one else would handle them. I would let someone else help with amp(s)

I play them and bring them to everything -practice , gigs , jam sessions. They were meant to be played and life’s way too short not to enjoy the guitars you own.
I had a really nice les Paul once I was afraid to take anywhere and eventually I sold it. Told myself I wouldn’t spend so much money on something I wouldn’t use at a gig ever again.

I designate giggers. They are nice guitars, but I’m resigned that they may take a hit or two. On the other hand, I’m not taking a dragon to a bar; ain’t gonna happen.

This is the PRS:

I chose it because it’s light, plays great, sounds great, feels great (RW neck), and has a piezo. Covers a lot of ground.

Last edited:
OP get a used S2, they play great and they can be had on the cheaper side, for me the S2 is the top of my line so I gig with a SE and I play the gig with no fear and no pain!! but I also gig in the bowels of NYC and Brooklyn etc...its not a matter of if your guitar will get damaged it how badly....

Back