Experience PRS 2020 Update

I was hoping one would be at the show. If you wanted an eye catching display, you’d be hard pressed to beat it.

I’ve already checked into ordering and it looks like a year at best. Now that Experience isn’t happening, I may have to swallow the pill and see how long it takes to get to the bottom of that rabbit hole.

Yeah, I kinda understand that. Today, am sitting at home nursing a scratchy throat from all my conversations IRL yesterday. (Working a job in retail health service tends to do that after a while). And, realizing that one can be "neutral" only to a certain degree regards certain viewpoints. Also planning on tending my garden this weekend. Daffs are popping up and could use some care.

Yet, regards your HBII, do you think that ordering earlier would have been any different than attending EXP 2020 and buying directly, had your HBII been there? (Yes, it might have been advantageous if your HBII had been at EXP, but you run the risk of numerous other folks eyeballing your same guitar, and losing out when someone else scarfs it up before you do...)

IMHO, the only way to insure a lock on a guitar is to order one, unless you are able to put something in your cart and pay for it first. Will try to keep an eye out for you on Reverb, but can't say my search will be fruitful...

Last edited:
Yeah, I kinda understand that. Today, am sitting at home nursing a scratchy throat from all my conversations IRL yesterday. (Working a job in retail health service tends to do that after a while). And, realizing that one can be "neutral" only to a certain degree regards certain viewpoints. Also planning on tending my garden this weekend. Daffs are popping up and could use some care.

Yet, regards your HBII, do you think that ordering earlier would have been any different than attending EXP 2020 and buying directly, had your HBII been there? (Yes, it might have been advantageous if your HBII had been at EXP, but you run the risk of numerous other folks eyeballing your same guitar, and losing out when someone else scarfs it up before you do...)

IMHO, the only way to insure a lock on a guitar is to order one, unless you are able to put something in your cart and pay for it first. Will try to keep an eye out for you on Reverb, but can't say my search will be fruitful...
Oh, I do appreciate that. But don’t worry too much... I consider the hunt half the fun. With 6 PRSi in house, I’m not suffering in the meantime. :cool:

Gang, I will make a thread for the shirt once I finalize the remaining details. This will likely be next week due to a busy work week and travel plans this weekend. I appreciate everyone's interest and the kind messages I have received. Thank you. I am looking forward to the next steps of this project.

What a great T shirt idea.

M1YKMu1.gif

Yeah, I kinda understand that. Today, am sitting at home nursing a scratchy throat from all my conversations IRL yesterday. (Working a job in retail health service tends to do that after a while).

I think the reason for the scratchy throat is because I swallowed a gnat yesterday. The fan-dambled one that coughed.

Oh, I do appreciate that. But don’t worry too much... I consider the hunt half the fun. With 6 PRSi in house, I’m not suffering in the meantime. :cool:

Best wishes. May the farce be with you.

Continuing with the Experience guitars idea, I propose that PRS have a virtual sale on the Saturday that the Experience would have been going on. We can log on and watch a virtual tour of the guitars and the retailer that would have been selling each one can explain the features. We call in to a switchboard and buy them. First call first served. Kind of like those cable channels on TV. Any left over can go to the stores just like normal. What do yawl think?

Continuing with the Experience guitars idea, I propose that PRS have a virtual sale on the Saturday that the Experience would have been going on. We can log on and watch a virtual tour of the guitars and the retailer that would have been selling each one can explain the features. We call in to a switchboard and buy them. First call first served. Kind of like those cable channels on TV. Any left over can go to the stores just like normal. What do yawl think?

(Scrambles to list on Reverb a load of gear in order to scrape up cash for this idea...do the callers get a complimentary t-shirt for their efforts?)

Man... My dream job is being on HSN. If PRS goes for it, I’d volunteer to do the job just for my resume.

Dude, you’re almost out! What do you play on Sunday?
It’s a day of rest.

Actually, as a retired person, I only have a bunch of Saturdays and a Sunday to work with each week. I’m saving Sunday for the blessed white beauty.

BTW Update: PRS confirms no factory tours through May. That officially sinks my ship this go-around. Cancelling travel reservations now. Bummed I won’t get to meet you guys and girls right now. Looking forward to whenever “next time” happens.

Last edited:
Back