Does anyone move btwn 22 and 24 fret PRS seamlessly??

No problem with the 22/24 fret thing. I just did a musical where half the show I had to switch to my 35" scale bass. That was a bit of a challenge, especially not to hit the other guitar player in the head.

No problem with the 22/24 fret thing. I just did a musical where half the show I had to switch to my 35" scale bass. That was a bit of a challenge, especially not to hit the other guitar player in the head.
I used up a fair bit of space switching between double bass and electric mid song. Kind of fun though.

Takes me a few minutes to feel comfortable with the switch. Don't even think about it after that.

I don't really have an issue. I tend to think the neck pickup on a 22 fret guitar sounds better but differences in electronics could account for that.

I move not only between 22 and 24 fret PRS guitars on the regular...but I'll also pick up a Les paul with it's different scale...and a Ibanez RG with it's flat radius...then over to Fender...no problem. All in the same jam session. It's common for me to gig a Les Paul and a Santana at a gig. I don't even notice between PRS 22 and 24 fret guitars until I'm happy to have the couple extra frets when I need them.

The way around this issue is to play yourself out of this problem.

I sold an original Mira because it just didn’t feel right, but that could have been a neck-dive issue. You guys have been putting visions of Santana’s in my head lately though…
This is a dangerous place to hang out sometimes!

No problems with neck dive on a Santana. Not with a sexy booty like they have.

Agree with a couple post above guess I’m just lucky but I move between 24/22 frets easily also between brands. That being said I’ve set up all my guitars to my liking, very low action, no neck relief, EB 009’s.

It feels compact, like it was made for someone with T-Rex arms.
We all have that T-Rex friend.. now I'll forever picture them playing a guitar. Thanks for that!

s-l16002c6a33a0e7c1c8b9.jpg

I sold an original Mira because it just didn’t feel right, but that could have been a neck-dive issue. You guys have been putting visions of Santana’s in my head lately though…
This is a dangerous place to hang out sometimes!
If you need a nudge, I'm here for you! :p

I Have No Issues However All My Guitars Are 7 Fret 3 Stringers. ;)

Back