• Total voters

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
professionally?
weekend warrior band?
basement rock star?
couch noodler?
I don't play my guitars, I only look at them:biggrin:

Your selection will not be revealed unless you post it, feel free to say.
I'm a weekend warrior guy myself.

Last edited:
Played in a tribute band (touring) for 3 or so years. Now I do party band shows for events, BBQs, parties, etc mainly by request. I guess you could say I'm a "professional" guitarist but my gig isn't full time but I have made money from it and still do. I miss the touring band though. Shame it came to an end.

I'm a self proclaimed garage guitar god and along with my next door neighbour who plays drums, we are the most musically talented people in a 2 house radius :five:

Looking at the age poll ... we must understand that what we did in our teens might be different than what we do in our 60s. I've been all of the above ... except the last option.

I play mostly at home but get out about 2x a month to jam with other musicians. I actually enjoy these informal jam sessions much more than gigging because we can play wat we want without the pressure of putting on a show and entertaining others. We can play undanceable tunes and if we want to do a 15 minute 12 blues jam there's no one to complain.

I'd like to get back to playing out on weekends. I just lack the tolerance I used to. Bands are a lot of work.

Weekend warrior band. Got a gig this Saturday.

SPIRITOFROTHBANNER-1.png

Check us out on YouTube.

Last edited:
Studio warrior. I love playing in a group, but Hans is right, bands really require a lot of time and energy.

I used to play in bands and play out. Ever since I became "The Man", bands don't like me. I also have too many kids to get out and play.

These days I'm mostly a couch noodler ,
but with practice I think I could be a basement rock star .
I'm thinking about doing a tour of the neighbourhood ....

I'm a self proclaimed garage guitar god and along with my next door neighbour who plays drums, we are the most musically talented people in a 2 house radius :five:
Awesome, award winning post! So, I have all faith you have a pile of Garammy statues standing on your mantle.

Looking at the age poll ... we must understand that what we did in our teens might be different than what we do in our 60s. I've been all of the above ... except the last option.
Indeed, I'm interested in past and present...which I should've stated I supposed.

"Basement Rockstar". Hey, that's not funny.
Shawn, I love a guy that's killin' it at stadium volume in the basement(or even TV volume). I will forever be that guy after my gig days are done, there's nothing better.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;34097 said:
I'd like to get back to playing out on weekends. I just lack the tolerance I used to. Bands are a lot of work.
So true. Bands are a b!tch at every level. Hans, my tolerance get's lower with every waking hour...with everything :D

Studio warrior. I love playing in a group, but Hans is right, bands really require a lot of time and energy.
Les, you are the prime example of a guy who's "made it" IMO. To make a living doing studio work is awesome, especially coming out of a non-music biz career.

Great stuff guys, keep it coming.

Played for a few years in local bands. Then played "professionally" I guess for a little while - signed a contract, had a record in stores and then left the band. Touring wouldn't have provided me enough income to keep up with my PRS addiction! (seriously - Im not kidding, among other things).

Last edited:
I play and gig with four different bands right now. Two of the bands have the same bassist in them.
I also play jazz and classical gigs with my wife and friend Frank. When needed, Frank and I will sub for each other .
I teach private guitar and saxophone lessons on top of it all. Sax was my first instrument.

In the past I did some studio work in Jamaica and backed up local musicians in Westmoreland and Hanover.
I've also spent time hanging out with Jimmy Bralower in his personal studio after giving his son guitar lessons.
I learned a lot there and met some really cool people.

A few years back I was in a band that was sort of trying to make it... and by that, I mean a couple of us were dedicated, and the others were very talented but had no desire or motivation. Now they have much more dedicated members and things are starting to get moving, and I'm really happy for them. As of now, I play in a band of my grad school classmates, which is nice because we all have the same schedule more or less, and they all take it fairly seriously. We've played a few gigs of cover tunes for some good crowds, and we have some originals being recorded right now. Hopefully put out an EP or something in the next couple months.

I was in bands and played out when i was younger. I have 2 kids now and dedicate a lot of my time to them. I am currently a basement rocker. most of my time downstairs is writing now. I plan on putting together enough songs for an album by the end of next year.

I've played in weekend warrior bands on and off. It's getting to be about 7 years since the last one. Having been more and more "successful" in my day job in the past few years, I've got less and less desire to deal with the rehearsal and playing out thing. Plus the music scene is pretty much nonexistent here, even though I know there's lots of talented musicians around.

I've been semi-pro I guess, done the weekend warrior thing, tought a bit of guitar, some minor studio sessions for local musos...

Right now i'm a bedroom rocker I suppose.

Probably going to push for teaching guitar again when I move. No idea when that'll be, but I want to join or form a band again next year.

I played in a few bands back in the early 70s, got married, sold equipment, had two kids, got divorced, and just got back into playing again this past May.
The stool is my "couch", I do not have the time to ever think about playing in a band, but I would like to jam with some others some day just for fun when I get better.

My work takes up a lot of time :D

Back