Do you name your guitars?

If you name them, can you still sell them one day? I would think that once you name a guitar, by doing so, you just made the commitment to NEVER sell it. After naming it, it would be like selling your own child.

I have sold named guitars - in the past year I sold Molly, Holly, and Luna. They may be named but they're still guitars :)

TLCgroup.jpg

Yep. Amazing.

Though I hear the used kid market has been slow lately... ;)
No body has offered to buy my kids for years.
My wife got multiple offers for my eldest when they traveled with me on business trips.

Hey, they're priceless. :p

It's easier to make a kid than a guitar - that's why you get them for free! But the Catch 22 is you have to feed, clothe, and put them through college.

I never had to put a guitar through college.
Now that you mention it, I bought most of my guitars after the girls finished university.

Hey, they're priceless. :p

It's easier to make a kid than a guitar - that's why you get them for free! But the Catch 22 is you have to feed, clothe, and put them through college.

I never had to put a guitar through college.

Maybe for you. For me it's much easier to slap a cheeseburger on a plate, and plunk it down in front of an adult and say, "That'll be $8.75" rather than engage in a mating ritual where I go bareback and remind myself why I wanted to tell my Dad he'd be happy as a grandfather. Or maybe not. Perhaps I should just go a bar and listen to some old blues guy with a DA haircut sing about why he's a blues guy to begin with. Then, if I meet up with some woman wearing a pearl necklace, I'll be good to go for the evening.

Maybe for you. For me it's much easier to slap a cheeseburger on a plate, and plunk it down in front of an adult and say, "That'll be $8.75" rather than engage in a mating ritual where I go bareback and remind myself why I wanted to tell my Dad he'd be happy as a grandfather. Or maybe not. Perhaps I should just go a bar and listen to some old blues guy with a DA haircut sing about why he's a blues guy to begin with. Then, if I meet up with some woman wearing a pearl necklace, I'll be good to go for the evening.

It's always good to have a plan.

It' occurs to me that I've never actually answered the OP. Honestly, I do not ever name my guitars. Or cars, or any other inanimate items.

However, if any of you ever have occasion to meet the wife, please play along that one of my guitars is named Julie. Seems I kept saying that name in my sleep, so I had to make that the name of one of my guitars. It was even harder to convince her that what I was doing in my sleep was playing air guitar...

Last edited by a moderator:
It' occurs to me that I've never actually answered the OP. Honestly, I do not ever name my guitars. Or cars, or any other inanimate items.

However, if any of you ever have occasion to meet the wife, please play along that one of my guitars is named Julie. Seems I kept saying that name in my sleep, so I had to make that the name of one of my guitars. It was even harder to convince her that what I was doing was playing air guitar...
Uh, oh--not those dreams again, eh...?
images

I went a lifetime without naming guitars, but my SE ONE Korina needed a strap and I found a one that had suns on it, so that guitar became Sunny. My Gretsch 6119 Chet Atkins Tennessee Rose I call Big Red because she's a big girl, NOT because I Iive in Nebraska and both kids are in the NU system...

Back