Unfrozen Cave Man Musician

Well you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer...

--Beatles, 1968
My wife taught me to dance on skates, but I wasn’t a skater. I did have a sense of rhythm so it worked out ok while she got me using both edges and turning on the pick. Then Sunday mornings we would go to the mill pond and get a flow going. She would periodically throw in a double axle or a sit spin and seamlessly fit back into the flow. Neighbourhood kids loved watching.

It was a pretty cheap date, excluding the cost of the skates, which are still above my skill level 40 some years later.

My wife taught me to dance on skates, but I wasn’t a skater. I did have a sense of rhythm so it worked out ok while she got me using both edges and turning on the pick. Then Sunday mornings we would go to the mill pond and get a flow going. She would periodically throw in a double axle or a sit spin and seamlessly fit back into the flow. Neighbourhood kids loved watching.

It was a pretty cheap date, excluding the cost of the skates, which are still above my skill level 40 some years later.

Lovely memory Peter.

How great is it that she did that?

Back