If you name them, how do you decide?

I had one for my wife when we dated but stopped calling her that one when we got married. She was so petite and had a high voice. I called her PeeWee. Then PeeWee Herman got famous, and then got busted, well, anyway, and then "PeeWee" wasn't as funny anymore.

Yeah, I'll bet that one went down in flames with some quickness. I like to keep a couple of unused ones in my head, you know just for back up.;)

I had one for my wife when we dated but stopped calling her that one when we got married. She was so petite and had a high voice. I called her PeeWee. Then PeeWee Herman got famous, and then got busted, well, anyway, and then "PeeWee" wasn't as funny anymore.

Somewhere soon after we started dating I started calling my wife Kiddo - 25 years later, she gets irritated if I call her anything else - especially her full first name. So, she's still Kiddo.

Somewhere soon after we started dating I started calling my wife Kiddo - 25 years later, she gets irritated if I call her anything else - especially her full first name. So, she's still Kiddo.

Love it! same here. She knows I'm irritated when I use her whole first name. When she uses mine it's almost as bad as my mom screaming all three of my names when I was a kid. Same bone chilling effect. :D

I just never call my wife a red headed step child...hits a childhood nerve for her. So, I don't go there for my own safety.:D

Well, I didn't want to do this, but you're asking for it, so....

Pics or she's a Hello Kitty, uh... model?
Yeah, not gonna happen! Not because I am embarrassed or anything, but I NEVER share pictures of me or my loved ones on social media (for reasons which will not be covered here or anywhere else)!! Aside from that, although she is very beautiful (and a very good Belly Dancer), she is not in the @ViperDoc guitar stand category but nevertheless has been modeling on and off most of her life (including when everybody thought she was Twiggy)!!! So Hello Kitty Model it is, feel free to post a mock-up!!!!

When she uses mine it's almost as bad as my mom screaming all three of my names when I was a kid. Same bone chilling effect.
Ditto on that! When my girl says "Wily . . .", I know it is not going to be followed by anything I want to hear!! And yes, same with Mom using the full 3 name call, death knell (wooden spoon already in her hand most of the time)!!!

Yeah, not gonna happen! Not because I am embarrassed or anything, but I NEVER share pictures of me or my loved ones on social media (for reasons which will not be covered here or anywhere else)!! Aside from that, although she is very beautiful (and a very good Belly Dancer), she is not in the @ViperDoc guitar stand category but nevertheless has been modeling on and off most of her life (including when everybody thought she was Twiggy)!!! So Hello Kitty Model it is, feel free to post a mock-up!!!!

I was joking, and I totally agree. I put up a picture of my daughter once here, and pulled it back down quickly after thinking about it. And while my daughter wouldn't care if I put it here, she probably wouldn't want me putting it in a big forum like TGP. My wife... she DOES NOT want her picture put on any forum! She says "nowhere on the internet" but she posts on Instagram, so there is that. But she won't even put a profile picture in Instagram.

I was joking, and I totally agree. I put up a picture of my daughter once here, and pulled it back down quickly after thinking about it. And while my daughter wouldn't care if I put it here, she probably wouldn't want me putting it in a big forum like TGP. My wife... she DOES NOT want her picture put on any forum! She says "nowhere on the internet" but she posts on Instagram, so there is that. But she won't even put a profile picture in Instagram.
I must say, your profile pic is quite dashing! And I won't touch any of your stuff!! I know the drill!!!

To avoid sounding racist , or especially sexist (which I guess is impossible, as I name my guitars after women.... Blame BB King & Lucille)

By country of origin . American guitars are named after American Wemin who have impressed me favorably

Luckly, I have been acquainted with a coupla of Asian wemin, Chinese, Korean and Indonesian ) so I have that covered too . Mexican ...

Build of the guitar . 25.5" scale length ... Tall wemin 24" scale , short wemin (Jaguars, short & hippy !) ::p

I need to meet more Indonesian wemin, as I am acquiring Indonesian made guitars at a growing clip

I even have Vietnam covered, but I'm yet to buy a Harley Benton ... (but their Fusion line looks promising)

All these are named after women I have had "aspirational relationships" with . Positive, friendly not intimate

If I named guitars after actual past girlfriends, I'd have to go "Hendrix at Monterey" on them ! :cool:

I guess if you are married ... all that goes dark. Or they are all named after her (or become her communal property ) ! :oops:

4 Cores named after past and present dogs I've had/have. Lucy, Abby, MoMo (all have passed) and Henry for my new Lab puppy. Had truss rod covers made with their names. A tribute to some great animals and guitars.
The S2's and fenders are just "guitar"

Last edited:
Not that there's anything wrong with naming things. It's sentimental and fun, I just don't do it for real. I made up some names to joke around with here for a couple of guitars.

I called the McCarty Singlecut 'The Hammer of the Gods' purely as a gag line. I never refer to it as that in real life, though if I did name it for real, it freakin' deserves the title!

When I got a Special Semi Hollow that came in Aquableux Purple Smokeburst livery, I couldn't resist a nickname to use here, based around the idea that it's like a goth girl's hair - blue and purple.

A word of explanation: Blue and purple have no business whatsoever being combined as guitar colors. This is not up for discussion, it's a scientific fact having something to do with Einstein's theory of space-time.

Northern Lights finish fades because blue and purple in one guitar space, at the same time, violates the laws of physics. I'm surprised the PRS factory hasn't imploded because of Aquableux Purple Smokeburst alone.

And yet I have one guitar in each of these finishes. I have to keep the two guitars far apart just to prevent my studio from becoming the epicenter of a nuclear disaster. Having the cases for both open at the same time would probably destroy the entire universe.

Last edited:
Back