Anyone else into Nylons?

After reading through this post I feel like a peasant for exclusively using medium celluloid picks! :p

After reading through this post I feel like a peasant for exclusively using medium celluloid picks! :p
Wow, I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy! Unless they were an acoustic player. :p

Ok Seriously, I can’t imagine being stuck with only those to play guitar. I have some, but never play them. FOR ME, they aren’t the best, or even one of the best, at anything. But, years ago, medium plastic picks were all I ever saw my dad or the couple other guitar players I knew use. As soon as I started playing, I quickly started shopping for other pick styles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy! Unless they were an acoustic player. :p

Ok Seriously, I can’t imagine being stuck with only those to play guitar. I have some, but never play them. FOR ME, they aren’t the best, or even one of the best, at anything. But, years ago, medium plastic picks were all I ever saw my dad or the couple other guitar players I knew use. As soon as I started playing, I quickly started shopping for other pick styles.
... And yet they're what works best for me after trying everything else!

I saw John Jorgensen with his gypsy jazz ensemble and he was using a 4mm pick. Blew my mind! (The pick and the playing)

... And yet they're what works best for me after trying everything else!

I saw John Jorgensen with his gypsy jazz ensemble and he was using a 4mm pick. Blew my mind! (The pick and the playing)
And that's all that matters! We have to find the ones that are best for what we do with them. If you've found yours, you are good to go. Took me years of trying picks to zero in on what was really best for me.

Back