Picks

Simon Says

Cathode Follower
Inspired by the other forum thread when we discussed big bucks guitar picks, I decided to start a new one where we can share our collections.

I don't have fancy, expensive picks. I have a deal in the works with László, though ;) I'm happy with what I use, although spending the asking price for Blue Chip is something I consider.

I don't consider myself a pick collector, and only recently, after I cleaned the shithole, I called my mancave (manhole?) I started the habit of putting my random stash into one place.

Here's what I have

These are my usual picks. Dunlop Flow, either 1.5mm or 1mm, I don't really mind as none of the Flows I ever tried gives any... give. They just don't bend and are pointy. A bit different shape than the pointy Ultex variant I have used before; same material judged by the ping, just better grab and slightly off-shape.

The rest of my picks are a mix of random stuff I have tried before, picks given to me or promo stuff with the gear I bought.

Some unusual stuff, like the Highland Plectrum coin picks from Reverb.

Some actual coins like the Sixpence, two pure silver, and one cupronickel. 1929 is a gift from Bruno, my son

Went to GC today- they don't have any... That place is a dumpster fire.
I last went in there about four months ago. Felt like being in a ghost town. The usual screamo/djent kid was there, but it wasn't lively. It really feels like its best days are long gone. Very little PRS stuff there too, just one used denim blue Custom 24.

I last went in there about four months ago. Felt like being in a ghost town. The usual screamo/djent kid was there, but it wasn't lively. It really feels like its best days are long gone. Very little PRS stuff there too, just one used denim blue Custom 24.

What can I say; kids would rather play Xbox than a guitar.

We are the dinosaurs, y'all

it starts with MUSIC- this happened in the 80's - late 80's LOTs of people moving to beat box/drum machines, rap and depesche mode crap. then came grundge to reinvigorate the guitar- driven music- we'll be back. Thanks Ed Sheron, Taylor Swift and others.

I can't get away from Dunlop Nylon .60mm picks.
Dunlop Flex .60mm for me! Purchased a hundred pack about a year ago so I think I am set for the next decade or more!! They are everywhere now in house, jeans 5th pockets and gear cases ;~)) I wanted to try the Blue Chips when I first heard about them from László but they do not make them down to the .60mm thickness (I think .8 or 1mm is the thinnest).

Inspired by the other forum thread when we discussed big bucks guitar picks, I decided to start a new one where we can share our collections.

I don't have fancy, expensive picks. I have a deal in the works with László, though ;) I'm happy with what I use, although spending the asking price for Blue Chip is something I consider.

I don't consider myself a pick collector, and only recently, after I cleaned the shithole, I called my mancave (manhole?) I started the habit of putting my random stash into one place.

Here's what I have

These are my usual picks. Dunlop Flow, either 1.5mm or 1mm, I don't really mind as none of the Flows I ever tried gives any... give. They just don't bend and are pointy. A bit different shape than the pointy Ultex variant I have used before; same material judged by the ping, just better grab and slightly off-shape.

The rest of my picks are a mix of random stuff I have tried before, picks given to me or promo stuff with the gear I bought.

Some unusual stuff, like the Highland Plectrum coin picks from Reverb.

Some actual coins like the Sixpence, two pure silver, and one cupronickel. 1929 is a gift from Bruno, my son

You and I have a very similar pick collectiom, including Highland Plectrum coins! I, too, use Dunlop Flows as my everyday pick

Tortex blue here. Useing them for - well given the average age on this forum - for a blue monday, but ages to me ;-)

Back