Picks

V-Pick Venom. I have one, and I use it every time I pick up an electric guitar...
I am a big V Picks fan. I mostly use Stilettos but I use Venoms too.

9EmkAmA.jpg

I switched from Clayton large rounded triangle .63 to Bog Street Axe Cut mediums, which are very ergonomic, have a .6 flex tip and two 2mm chisel tips. They are easy to hold on to.
71uzOETiPRL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing out there beats a Blue Chip IMO...especially for acoustics/mandos. They are my all time favorite pick to use...
the tone, feel, pick noise are at the top of the game...but alas have lost the three I have owned, lol. Found a much cheaper alternative with the Dunlop Primetones that while arent quite as good, do the job well. I also enjoy my Wegen blacks...all in the larger triangle size in 1.4mm.

Our local, Rainbow Guitars, is still in quarantine lockdown it seems, which is a problem because I used to go in and try various picks and then buy several of each that I liked. I have the problem of my fingers being so dry that picks tend to rotate as I use them, so I like to try out various surfaces but even if I find one that I can hold I may not like the sound. Lately I've been using the D'Addario Black Ice 1.5mm and taking some rough sandpaper and texturizing the surface. The Black Ice give a nice mellow tone, and if I need something snappier I usually change to a Jazz III or a Gator Grip in a thickness and shape that fits the situation.

I just got a Bluechip TD40. I love it. Certainly sounds great, and I love the grippiness of it. I was using Dunlop Flow 1.0, and definitely prefer the grip of the TD40.

Back