Any of you guys gig with...read on...

I guess it's a function of how much you gig. A gig would be VERY SPECIAL for me so I would bring a PS if I had one. I have 5 core models and would have no problem bringing them to any place I would play.

I know some here play out all the time, inside and out. In that case I would consider an SE for those super hot days when things get sweaty.

Why would you buy a guitar and not play it in whatever environment you play such as in the bedroom, at a gig, in a jam or in the studio, basically everywhere? You're never going to make your fortune hanging on to guitars whether PRS or another flavour hoping they increase in value. They may well increase in value if you're lucky but the £20/guitar/year you make won't change your life. You should play the living snot out of all of 'em!!

OH, BTW - what's a "cheaper girlfriend"? Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.

Cheaper girlfriend may be a contradiction, but I do have an expensive wife.

An expensive girlfriend would be one who drops a dime on your wife, who then kicks you out, and keeps everything you own plus child support, alimony and legal fees.

Then she drops you because you're too poor to show her a good time.

A cheap girlfriend would be cool with whatever. :)

Are we still talking about guitars? I need one that is cool with whatever if we are. I take my acoustic into any environment I am willing to go in. I need an electric that I can treat the same. I think a PRS or two would do the trick. I'm thinking somewhere between SC245 and a 513 and should probably get two just to play it safe.

If you own it, play it... It increases YOUR value to be seen out in public with an awesome guitar.

Cheers!

Yep. I gig with both an SE and Core model. The pickups in my SE are slightly hotter, so it works well on the heaver stuff we do.

Back