2016 Approacheth - Who's Got "Big" Plans?

i'd love to see an SE version of the mira, starla or vela to add to the fast growing SE collection.

my plans are money wise the se 277 or a second se custom 24

dream wise: a core custom 24 in fire red burst, blood orange and orange tiger... a man can dream :)

2014 and 2015 were big years for me. Cleared a lot out, got a better core in guitars and amps and lean out my effects.

As for 2016, its more about cleaning things up after the past two years. so effectively this:

OUT:
Mesa F30
Clear out anything else that is crap.

IN:
Taylor Acoustic
PRS S2 Singlecut or Ibanez RG
Get my 2nd pedalboard up and running, my 'Country/Recording' one
Get my Mesa Mark V 25w

Basically, I've got happy with myself and my tone in the past 2 years. Im happy with my equipment and happy with what i have for the music i want to play. If i was picky id like to pick up a Gibson Zakk Wylde Signature, even a BFG Zakk Wylde id be happy with.

You know, for the first time in quite a long time, I'm really content it's my guitar collection. As a matter of fact, I have a few for sale on Reverb. As cool as some of the new models look, I really don't see myself buying one. Of course, if I sell a couple guitars and have some cash burning a hole in my pocket, I may change my mind...

Of course, if I sell a couple guitars and have some cash burning a hole in my pocket, I may change my mind...

The right to consider new circumstances, to reconsider one's statements, and to change one's mind is every human being's sacred and inalienable right!

I don't actually have a guitar collection. And I'm content with the few I have. But if I spot something great, I'm going for it. ;)

If there is a requirement that a person has to lack contentment or be dissatisfied in order to buy something new, I'm not aware of it. If an instrument speaks to you, get it.

I have, way more than once, renounced my commitment to NOT spending more money when something really nice pops up. As evidenced by a nice little non-PRS (Hartung) goodie this week.

I've decided to let go of some jumbo frets I don't prefer, to make room for an incoming Tyler Studio HDE as well as a PS DGT SH....and a new amp. But the biggest plan is where to put all that stuff...inside a studio barn.

I wouldn't mind if you stored some of it at my place. (wink wink...nudge nudge) ;)

Some of my 2016 plans came early.

Red%2BSchmear%2BTyler%2BHD.jpg

1. Finish the 3 projects I have on the go
2. Tweak my Kemper to the point where I smile every time I play through it (like I do with the HXDA)
3. Save all my gig money/not buy any more gear/guitars, since I'm saving for a PS 40th birthday present for myself.

The likelihood of me not buying another guitar for 2 years is pretty low tho!

Planning to start gigging with our recently formed band of old gits (The GraveDodgers) with one youngster on drums - Birmingham guitar show at the end of Feb and trying out some more great PRS guitars there ! Lusting after the 245 semihollow and maybe taking the plunge funds permitting

Not sure how/when my plans will all shake out. After my PS is here, I have a few things on my list. Tonare Grand....likely will have to be used, one of the old "core" coco. Still want a PRS cab as well. I'm just trying to go down my "list" one at a time. Might take awhile.

Well I just sent off a deposit for a new guitar which will be built in 2016... ...and no, it's not one of the PS Archtops. It will, however, have a spruce top and a pair of humbucking pickups.

I seem to be salivating over that 20th Anniversary PS they just announced today. The specs are unlike anything I have, and I love three pickup guitars. And blade switches. And other stuff.

Now all I need to do is find the wherewithal to make a deal. LOL

Back