2016 Approacheth - Who's Got "Big" Plans?

I need to break down and figure out how to get one of 'em Private Stock archtops. And one or the other (or -- most likely -- both) of the SE277s. I know, both extremes, nothing in the middle. I'm pretty happy with my collection, but there's a little repetition, so I should be able to get rid of some things. EDIT: Oh, and I still want a Private Stock Seven.

Oh, and I hope to graduate from notes to chords. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm VERY glad that the new 85/15 pickups have become the new standard pickup installed in the core line Custom 24's. I was really hoping they'd do that.

The only thing I'm interested in adding to the collection is a Vela... in satin finish....:biggrin:
...and practice....

+1 - but wiling to take a Vela with current non satin finish
practice and add some new catchy instrumental songs for my solo gigs

2015 was a new car but no new gear year. I'm reliably informed by my senior partner that 2016 will be a new kitchen year and thus likely another no new gear year. Fortunately I'm quite satisfied with my current gear. In fact I may downsize.

I'm not sure what's up for me just yet. A lot depends on how the rest of the year plays out, but I would like to consume mass quantities (of PRS)!

Buying a house is in the process now with a move-in date in January 2016 puts a lot of my gear plans on hold big time. But eventually I do plan on adding another PRS or two in the stable, especially in our new house that will have a dedicated office/music room :)

Amps-wise I'd like a Mesa Mark V:25!

Buying a house is in the process now with a move-in date in January 2016 puts a lot of my gear plans on hold big time. But eventually I do plan on adding another PRS or two in the stable, especially in our new house that will have a dedicated office/music room :)

Amps-wise I'd like a Mesa Mark V:25!

A previous poster mentioned the new Mark V 35. It boasts 35:25:10 W power modes and two independent Solo boosts. Check that out!

Um yeah, so I just notice the new SE 277 Semi-hollow with P90's on the web site. A baritone semi-hollow with P90's Yeah, I got plans...

straight1.png

Staying vertical and happy as a family

Only covet i have is for PRS Acoustic (se)

I just realized I could swap pickups from my P245 into my SC-J and get most of the way to that private stock archtop...not sure I can bring myself to do it...hrngh.... Can't unthink the thought, neither, though...

Other than what's in the pipeline, I have no concrete plans, other than at least one new knee for my wife.

Oh, I have tons of wants - like a gold sparkle Vela...or a blue sparkle Vela...or one of those new-fangled Tremontis if they become available...

The only "want" "must have" is an ebony fretboard on something, and i really wish it could happen on a Vela, but I'll take what I can get!

Planning on finally making the trip to "candy-land" (The PS Vault) and putting together a birthday present to myself; Happy 40th to me!!!

I don't call my shots before taking a swing.
That's probably wise -- my plans usually change between inception and execution. "Oh hey, the next thing I'm going to get are new pickups." (buys a Fender Starcaster) "I don't need any more Earthquaker pedals." (buys the Dunes) "I'm glad I don't have a million dollars!" (still don't have a million dollars, dagnabit)

I just realized I could swap pickups from my P245 into my SC-J and get most of the way to that private stock archtop...not sure I can bring myself to do it...hrngh.... Can't unthink the thought, neither, though...
Looks like the internal cavity is entirely new -- instead of adding bracing, they cut away all the "not bracing" -- that's actually brilliant, probably sturdier that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back