2016 Approacheth - Who's Got "Big" Plans?

László

Too Many Notes
The 2016 line is announced, and there are always new things in the works. Of course, in the case of folks like us, sometimes future plans include guitars, amps, pedals, and the other flotsam and jetsam of the guitarist's so-called life.

So who's got the big plans for next year? Who's got something cooking up?

Oh I have LOTS of plans. Lots and lots.

And a wife. So much for those plans.

I was planning on one of the new SE Custom 22's, but with the addition of the S2 satins, that may change. Also, an Archon 50 or Custom 50 would be nice. Or maybe I'll say screw all that and get a new McCarty, the ultimate PRS for me.

Or maybe I'll change my mind next week.

The Mesa V:35 is looking real good to me. I own and use a Mark V head, and it's awesome! However, the weight of it is beginning to take its toll. Looking forward to trying one out!

S2 Singlecut Standard Satin in Charcoal for me...love that thing!

S2 Singlecut Standard Satin in Charcoal for me...love that thing!

That one really speaks to me, too. It aaaaaaalmost gives me buyer's remorse for picking up a glossy one this year.

My plans: sell the amp and the SE I promised I'd let go of when I bought the S2 Singlecut Standard five months ago. :laugh:

The Mesa V:35 is looking real good to me.

+1...Marky goodness, plus a built-in CabClone and dual solo boosts...and 10 lbs lighter than my Express+ 5:50 combo. Might be hard to resist that one...

BUT, my biggest plan, early resolution, whatever, is to enjoy the guitars I already have, to focus on / improve my playing, and record more original material. I spent WAY too much time, money and effort on GAS in 2014 & 2015. I have reduced my stable by 25% and focused on having quality gear that I will actually PLAY. Now, time to start playing...

I've been GAS resistant for 2 years now. It might be time now though after looking at those S2 Satins.

Last edited:
Currently waiting on a SC245 Goldtop Rosewood neck. I ordered it back in June when they offered a core line Rosewood neck option outside of the artist package. That guitar should arrive before the new year hopefully. For next year I am gassing to order an HXDA 50 and look real hard at that PS Archtop. Last, I want to get a Strymon Timeline and Seymour Duncan Vise Grip pedal.

A Swart Mod-84 would be a good get. And in the PRS arena, the continued "innovations" are sure to generate some interest. The graphite reinforced necks, the new PS Archtops, etc. And who knows what further improvement might be forthcoming in pickups?

Realistically, I have too much surplus stuff already, something that entered into my decision to pass on a "rather unique" but expensive (non-PRS) archtop this month.

Hopefully, I'll be able to snag a Mesa V25 head and a SC (not sure which one yet) if some bonus came my way :biggrin:

Changing nappies... Or diapers as I believe you guys call them!

Guitar wise, I want to play more and get new stuff recorded. And I'm really hoping that there will be a trem version of the SE C22. Now the Bernard's are discontinued I'm going to see if I can find a bargain. Perhaps a black one with John Mann's black satin stoptail.

The Goltop one came up today at half price at Guitarguitar. Just missed out on a black one.

I've decided to let go of some jumbo frets I don't prefer, to make room for an incoming Tyler Studio HDE as well as a PS DGT SH....and a new amp. But the biggest plan is where to put all that stuff...inside a studio barn.

I'm taking some lessons.

And devising a plan to get one of those new semi hollow baritones.

Back