2005 - specs?

alex1fly

Nabbed a 2005 SE Standard from a luthier that did a bunch of upgrades - SS frets, new nut, new tuners, new electronics. Curious if anyone knows the specs from this year - neck shape, woods, etc. It has a black matte finish which is neat. The neck feels different than other wide/thins but could just be my imagination. Any ideas?

It's going to be a Wide/Fat neck and it will be mahogany body and neck with rosewood fretboard.

There was a lot of variation in what they called Wide/Fat on the older SE guitars. I had an SE Soapbar II (essentially the same thing as the Standard) which had a baseball bat of a neck, while the one on my SE One is noticeably thinner than expected.

That sounds like a killer beast with the mods!

It's going to be a Wide/Fat neck and it will be mahogany body and neck with rosewood fretboard.

There was a lot of variation in what they called Wide/Fat on the older SE guitars. I had an SE Soapbar II (essentially the same thing as the Standard) which had a baseball bat of a neck, while the one on my SE One is noticeably thinner than expected.

If it's wide/fat then that would be great news. Wide/thin is good for some things but it's not quite as all-purpose as the wide/fat and pattern vintages for my hands. Ought to get my caliper out and check actuals.

It's a cool guitar! I pretty much paid for the mods and got the guitar for free, lol

There was a lot of variation in the wide fat necks in the core models in that timeframe as well. I have two guitars from 2006 that have wide fat necks that are as chunky as the pattern vintage neck carve of today. I love how they play.

If it's wide/fat then that would be great news. Wide/thin is good for some things but it's not quite as all-purpose as the wide/fat and pattern vintages for my hands. Ought to get my caliper out and check actuals.

It's a cool guitar! I pretty much paid for the mods and got the guitar for free, lol

I hear that. You made out for sure. When I went for stainless frets on my SE One, I thought "Well there's money I'll never get back." :D

I hear that. You made out for sure. When I went for stainless frets on my SE One, I thought "Well there's money I'll never get back." :D
Yeah, I’m excited about it. I’ve long wanted to buy someone’s modded guitar or warmoth build, because people put a lot of time, thought, and money into those builds but can never recoup their costs. Wonder how I know that… lol

Back