A Blue Santana Dream

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
Well after significant thought and a lot of waiting , I decided to buy my first electric Private Stock . I fell in love with this one the moment I saw it and it was first posted for sale. If I was to order a PS it would be identical. The "provenance" of this one makes it even more special:

This guitar was ordered in 2010 by Christie Woodard to be completed to celebrate 7 years with the company. Christie is the Director of HR at PRS Guitars and is a good friend of Northeast Music Center.

This guitar currently remains at PRS and upon purchase will be shipped from the PRS factory in Stevensville, Maryland.

Specifications:

• Body
    • Construction - Set Neck, Solid Body
    • Top Wood - Artist Grade Flame Maple
    • Body Wood - Mahogany
    • Back Wood - Artist Grade Flame Maple
    • Finish - Custom Color by Paul Miles
  • Neck
    • Frets - 24
    • Scale length - 24.5"
    • Neck Wood - East Indian Rosewood
    • Neck Shape - Santana
    • Fretboard Wood - East Indian Rosewood
    • Inlays - Turquoise
  • Hardware
    • Tuners - PRS Phase II Locking w/ Ebony Buttons
    • Nut - Proprietary
    • Bridge - PRS Gen II Tremolo
    • Knobs - PRS Lampshade
    • Hardware Type - Hybrid
  • Electronics
    • Neck Pickup - Santana Bass
    • Bridge Pickup - Santana Treble
    • Controls
      • Volume
      • Tone
      • 3-Way Toggle
        ejzmoybxfivwrva1suvs.jpg
        qqgvorvvol41fs8gtuwf.jpg

I've only seen 1 other semi Santana , also an employee guitar , but the rosewood neck and who this was for clinched this one after 7 months of drooling. My time is short on this planet , to have this masterpiece even for a short time is a dream come true. Of course there is a misprint in the spec .. it's not a 22 fret ..

Last edited:
Some would think it a bit daft to buy an expensive instrument that doesn't exist in the normal world , and with no chance to play it first .. but I fully trust that PRS did this one right.. I'll supply a tone report as I have the Westie with a flame Sapele neck to compare it to .

Some would think it a bit daft to buy an expensive instrument that doesn't exist in the normal world , and with no chance to play it first .. but I fully trust that PRS did this one right.. I'll supply a tone report as I have the Westie with a flame Sapele neck to compare it to .
I'd agree with you. That thought process wouldn't apply to an instrument like this for me. If it's not for you, move on to the next. You wouldn’t have any issue finding a home for this one.

Wow! Just...wow! A semi-hollow Santana, with beautiful wood specs, especially that neck!

This one will go to my daughter , and eventually her child ( hopefully ....another grandchild would be heaven) . She's my youngest , and she will get all my Blue guitars .. to match her eyes , and it's the Family color. I have the Blue fade HB II Artist, a River blue quilt Special Artist with matching flame neck , and a ES-335 , SG modern in Blueberry burst , to go with a semi hollow swamp ash/ quilted maple Tele with a birdseye neck that I built .
My youngest grandson gets all my orange / reddish ones as that's his favorite color .. why I got the Orange conga's .

The eldest grandson .. who just made 1st chair in band, gets all blonde's and brunnettes

Not only will they enjoy the beauty , but they'll think of granpa when they play them ...and I'll be smilin in between breaks playin with Beck, Jimi , Duanne and SRV

Back