A Blue Santana Dream

a 2001 at garret park ~ sold 10K
IMG_2564.jpg

Wow .. one at sweetwater? with 85/15? I noticed NONE of their PS's have a listed price ...

PRS Private Stock 6073 Santana Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
  • Gorgeous quilted maple-topped African ribbon mahogany delivers stunning sound and visuals
  • Santana cocobolo neck and larger-radius fingerboard feel great and play smoothly
  • Patented PRS tremolo bridge for dips and bends that don't break your tuning
  • PRS Phase III locking tuners for accurate and stable tuning
  • Old bird fingerboard inlays and Old PS Eagle veneer inlays
  • >>>>>85/15 pickups deliver classic '80s PRS tone<<<<<<<
  • 3-way toggle pickup selector, master volume, and tone controls for sonic flexibility

PRS Private Stock 6073 Santana Semi-hollow - Kodiak
ef0c8fa871MQgMPcWQcVRNDCZhFPNymAjVt0xKTs.wm-dh.png

Well my friends she arrived and OMG . If you've ever wondered are PS really worth it .. I can say without a doubt .. YES

The color in the light is just amazing , it almost glows. One nice touch compared to my HB II Artist is they used the same natural faux binding treatment on the F holes , nicely lacquerd a small extra step that really shows

Plugged in to my trusty old Boogie Studio 22+ into a Marshall 4x12 slant

The sound , as you can imagine being a semi ( it has a center block) is just like a Santana ..that has BLOSSOMED .
Clean it's has all the punch of a regular Santana with the air of the HB II
Resonance wise I would say between the Semi and HBII , the pickups are so much stronger it really shines better than any of my other Semi's including custom Gibbys and the Jaros

These pickups seem hotter than my Westie's and the rosewood neck as always is sublime. With gain ..playing it is what I would call a religious experience... honestly I've never had an instrument bring tears to my eyes with it's playing perfection ..until now .. it's for me the perfect recipe for tone .

For reference I put on Moonflower , and with NO tweaking it nailed the Carlos tone spot on ..

Crank the gain , gain stack 3 pedals .. OH yeah .. bring it on , NO feedback worries.

Now the problem is .. what do I do with all those other guitars... I REALLY think they should add this as a core model

Last edited:
Well my friends she arrived and OMG . If you've ever wondered are PS really worth it .. I can say without a doubt .. YES

The color in the light is just amazing , it almost glows. One nice touch compared to my HB II Artist is they used the same natural faux binding treatment on the F holes , nicely lacquerd a small extra step that really shows

Plugged in to my trusty old Boogie Studio 22+ into a Marshall 4x12 slant

The sound , as you can imagine being a semi ( it has a center block) is just like a Santana ..that has BLOSSOMED .
Clean it's has all the punch of a regular Santana with the air of the HB II
Resonance wise I would say between the Semi and HBII , the pickups are so much stronger it really shines better than any of my other Semi's including custom Gibbys and the Jaros

These pickups seem hotter than my Westie's and the rosewood neck as always is sublime. With gain ..playing it is what I would call a religious experience... honestly I've never had an instrument bring tears to my eyes with it's playing perfection ..until now .. it's for me the perfect recipe for tone .

For reference I put on Moonflower , and with NO tweaking it nailed the Carlos tone spot on ..

Crank the gain , gain stack 3 pedals .. OH yeah .. bring it on , NO feedback worries.

Now the problem is .. what do I do with all those other guitars... I REALLY think they should add this as a core model
Glad You Love It! Enjoy The Heck Out Of That One!!

What a killer guitar! Killer top!! Am looking forward to seeing more photos. Not many guitars move me at this point but boy did that resurrect an itch!

All of my PS were bought unseen and all of them have turned out alright. It helps that Paul himself checks every PS guitar.

Back