WTHDTM?

Bob Turner

What the heck does that mean?

Someone should compile a list of all the PRS acronyms for some of us newbies. Some are obvious, while others are not. Just a thought. Also having looked at the PRS strap buttons, I would love to see a factory strap lock that adapted to the original strap buttons. Any engineers out there ?

All these abbreviations and acronyms (I worked for a company that had an acronym bible used in our industry of 4 pages of A4 both sides) are basically laziness. Back in the day when you could only type 128 characters at a time when texting and it cost a fortune per text I can understand it. Today you can sit and type ad infinitum so why drive someone to Google just to see what someone is on about? If you want to say "what the hell does that mean" say it!

Last edited:
Perhaps the attraction has something to do with abbreviations and acronyms dispensing with the need for spelling, punctuation or even cursory typing or English skills, making them wry commentary on the state of general education.

YMMV

I can't just "like" your post, as it may give the wrong impression. I very much like that you posted the links, as I see this frequently on the boards and in emails, but the content is upsetting.

Poor English on applications and in interviews is an automatic rejection for applicants in my office. Thorough and unambiguous communication is essential to the health of our patients.

Sadly, few hold the same standards.

I can't just "like" your post
Why? I'd like yours if you liked mine. I mean, there's no pressure or anything, in fact, I don't really care if you do or don't, but . . . it would be nice:D

Back