WTB Mark Tremonti Artist Package

Do you guys think the grain of the headstock wood looks normal specifically on the left side?

Hey guys so the dealer informed that the guitar wasn’t shipped because they found a very minor problem on the guitar fretboard when organizing it to be packaged. He said it seems oil has appeared under the finish at the fretboard/ neck area around some of the frets. He said it may have been way to small for me to notice but wanted to get it checked out regardless by PRS. It was sent to PRS UK for further investigation.
I’ve never seen this before but you guys are the experienced bit. What do you all think about this oil under the finish issue? Can you spot it in the pic? Is this normal with US PRs guitars?
Unrelated, does the fretboard edge also look a bit weird or worn out to you at the 14th fret? Or is that just wood grain and lighting playing tricks ?

I can only see what looks like a 1mm glob of extra finish on the end of a fret. I am guessing you might have to see it in person to notice.

In any case, it's a new instrument, and should be 100% covered and taken care of under warranty.

Sorry your NGD has been delayed by this!

I can only see what looks like a 1mm glob of extra finish on the end of a fret. I am guessing you might have to see it in person to notice.

In any case, it's a new instrument, and should be 100% covered and taken care of under warranty.

Yeah it sucks but better safe than sorry...
Is that occurrence normal on the us made models?
Can it get worst over time?

I’m pretty sure the dealer will take care of you.

As first owner you’re covered under warranty.

So you’re all good.

Yeah it sucks but better safe than sorry...
Is that occurrence normal on the us made models?
Can it get worst over time?

It could be a little blob of glue, or it could be the clear coat starting to lift.

It's not too common, but it can happen. IIRC, it was more prone to occur on the V12 finish than what is currently used. This was a 2016, and they had moved on from V12 by then. It happened to my DC-22 from 2011 and was covered under warranty last summer. It looks like this when it gets worse. Look at the edge of the board around the 9th and 10th frets on the 2nd picture. Doesn't effect how it plays, and I couldn't feel it when playing. You see this on lots of Fenders, as well.

qoVHnF4.jpg

hU3lm66.jpg

First of all, I love copperhead, fantastic finish, and this one is a beauty.

Sorry to hear about the issue. The fact that the dealer caught this and decided not to ship it, is an indicator of a FANTASTIC dealer.

That said, if it were me and my money, I would not buy this guitar. I couldn't justify spending that much money and it not being perfect. In any case, I hope it works out in your favor!

Back