Why do you think a PRS guitar is the best?

- Best quality woods while going through great lengths to obtain them legally

- Most versatile and superior tone in new instruments

- Best attention to detail on a production guitar

- Most innovative and aggresive research and development for electronics and components
- Nicest, most talented yet humble employees ever

- The face of the company - Paul - and his story of building an empire in the late hours of the day in his bedroom to one of the largest maufacturers of guitars today while also still being involved in the company. He even PLAYS GUITAR!

- PTC - the ability to have work done by the people who made the guitar is amazing. Skitchy is a ninja, Len is an evil genious and Scotty B I think is just one with the wood at a level none of us could comprehend.

- Annual Experience / Clinics - the fact that PRS cares enough to throw an amazing event for us. They could run a sale if they only wanted to move units

- Insisting to use dealers - while at the end of the day, using dealers costs us more per product than a factory dircet operation and probably costs PRS, I dont mind because PRS has some of the most amazing dealers I have ever met from getting you a guitar, fixing it, dealing with warranty work to even calling in a favor to get you something that might not normally be available. I appreciate this.

- Listening to their customers - things that the company can do within their powers to take our advice are done. New artist pack? New production birds? Production 408s? Standard maple series guitars? DGT/Tremonti in the artist pack? Done across the board within a year or two of people asking.

- Shawn/James - its great to be on here and have representation by the company in a capacity where they can not only help with PRS issues, but they participate in our small talk and general conversations as friends.

Last edited:
I think this pretty much sums it up for me as well!! In the end, it's not just about the guitars, it's the people who represent them. The whole PRS family vibe that they have created just makes you feel like you are a part of something more than just owning an great instrument.
- Best quality woods while going through great lengths to obtain them legally

- Most versatile and superior tone in new instruments

- Best attention to detail on a production guitar

- Most innovative and aggresive research and development for electronics and components
- Nicest, most talented yet humble employees ever

- The face of the company - Paul - and his story of building an empire in the late hours of the day in his bedroom to one of the largest maufacturers of guitars today while also still being involved in the company. He even PLAYS GUITAR!

- PTC - the ability to have work done by the people who made the guitar is amazing. Skitchy is a ninja, Len is an evil genious and Scotty B I think is just one with the wood at a level none of us could comprehend.

- Annual Experience / Clinics - the fact that PRS cares enough to throw an amazing event for us. They could run a sale if they only wanted to move units

- Insisting to use dealers - while at the end of the day, using dealers costs us more per product than a factory dircet operation and probably costs PRS, I dont mind because PRS has some of the most amazing dealers I have ever met from getting you a guitar, fixing it, dealing with warranty work to even calling in a favor to get you something that might not normally be available. I appreciate this.

- Listening to their customers - things that the company can do within their powers to take our advice are done. New artist pack? New production birds? Production 408s? Standard maple series guitars? DGT/Tremonti in the artist pack? Done across the board within a year or two of people asking.

- Shawn/James - its great to be on here and have representation by the company in a capacity where they can not only help with PRS issues, but they participate in our small talk and general conversations as friends.

You guys are right; there's an experience involved in owning PRS that's really unmatched.

It's definitely exciting to be alive during this part of the PRS legacy. Just think, one day when we are all old timers, we will be saying "yeah I remember back when the pickups didn't have squabbins..."

It's definitely exciting to be alive during this part of the PRS legacy. Just think, one day when we are all old timers, we will be saying "yeah I remember back when the pickups didn't have squabbins..."

Squabbins? Pfffft!

I was born just before Fender introduced the Broadcaster, and before Gibson introduced the Les Paul.

Now *that* is scary.

PRS guitars to me are the best guitars in the world the quality of the build the materials, the passion the employees have, The Passion that Paul has for his guitars. any other guitars I really don't even look at them anymore PRS GUITARS are simply the best. Gary Norris

I played many, many guitars before I tried a PRS. There was something about the PRS that made it feel instantly comfortable the moment I touched it. And the fret work was amazing. So I did some research into the company and people there that were just as passionate about guitars as me and I knew that I had to own one. I didn't choose PRS, PRS chose me.

Last edited:
I gig a Mira because it is very versatile, light, and beautiful.
I gig a 305 and SE ONE as well.
I love them all and have dirty thoughts about a 408 standard with a crackwood neck.
I'm hopelessly hooked.

I like em because they sound great, feel great and stay in tune. It also doesnt hurt that they are a great company to deal with. I have watched how PRS guitars are made at the factory and the lengths that they go to make great guitars. There are times i just close my eyes, play and listen to the wonderful sound of my P24 and that has nothing to do with how it looks.

Some guitars look great. some feel great, and some sound great. But few have all three properties and PRS has it all. Amazing quality, with top notch aesthetics. Incredible playability with awesome tone. What's not to like :D?

Its hard for me to describe why I like my PRS more then other guitars I own/have owned. I guess the best way to describe it is that they just 'fit'.

My PRS are all basically SC250's. Here are the things that I really love about these guitars...
PRS Specific:
-scale length 25" is awesome
-the PRS 2 vol / 2 tone knob config
-WF or Pattern neck carve
- Adjustable wrap stoptail

General in my PRS:
-22 frets (I get lost on 24 frets for some reason)
-3way toggle (I loath blade switches even though I have guitars with them)
- 2x Hum-buckers
- and for whatever reason set necks really appeal to me.

My first guitar, 20 years ago or so, was a strat clone. It was a good guitar for what it was, it had a Trem that I never used and single coils I never got along with. After buying and selling much gear I eventually bought a Gibson Explorer and fell in love with 22 frets, Hum-buckers, set necks, and hard tails. After I figured that out I moved gear again, tried floyds, khalers, other trems... neck-throughs...

I don't know, its all subjective but they really work for me, especially the singlecuts, and are not as dangerous to my walls or kids as some of the... less traditional shapes like Explorers and King V's.

Back