Whatcha doing for Thanksgiving?

The kids are coming in from all over. And my son's not on tour, so he'll be here, too. First time seeing him in a year!

We've had Thanksgiving at our place the last few years. Just a small handful of family. It's kinda nice to have a holiday at home- loungin' in sweats, watchin' football, running back to store 3 times cause we "need" something else...good times:laugh:

I spend it (Thursday-Sunday) in Gurnee, IL with an old college buddy in efforts to keep up our tradition. We eat out every meal...Jimano's and Portillo's and play lots of video games. I consider it great fun.
Portillo's!!!! Love that place. Hit me up while you're up here, maybe we can catch a beer.

I'm driving 20 hours to reach my wife's house. Spend a week with her and the kids. We'll have Christmas over Thanksgiving as the kids spend it with her Ex this year.

We've had Thanksgiving at our place the last few years. Just a small handful of family. It's kinda nice to have a holiday at home- loungin' in sweats, watchin' football, running back to store 3 times cause we "need" something else...good times:laugh:

Portillo's!!!! Love that place. Hit me up while you're up here, maybe we can catch a beer.

I will forward you my schedule.

Somewhere in WV there is a deer with a death-wish and I'm just the fella to help them out with that problem...

bummerofabirthmark.jpg

Last edited:
My Turkey day plans have changed almost daily lately....so we'll be somewhere eating lots of food followed by a food coma.

I tend to drink beer when I cook, so that means at least one or two every night. But Thanksgiving takes so long to cook, and everyone else is drinking and hanging out with me in the kitchen, I'm usually half drunk by dinner time. So, that's what I'm expecting. At my house, half drunk, with the family.

I picked the wrong time to start a lo-carb diet. It would be torture to be involved in cooking sweet potatoes and stuffing, not to mention the pies. So, we are going low key this year. We are just going to Lubys.

Back