What will happen to the Santana model?

Mrs would tell them to make Baby Dragons
CK_151BabyDragonDetail.JPG

Wow!! that's freakin nice!!!!

Wow! That’s an SE? Top looks awesome! Congrats!

LOL. Yeah, in nice afternoon sunlight. But, the flame is really quite nice.

You can tell it's not dyed in the same manner as the more expensive models. Much flatter.... Not as 3-d in person. It is a thick veneer over the maple cap, though. Best of all, it's a heck of a player!

What happens if Carlos keeps playing the SC? Will PRS make that the new Santana model in the future?

What if (god forbid) something happens to Carlos? Does PRS have everything in place to keep calling it that in perpetuity?

Will they just call it a West Street? Should they start implementing a plan whereby they start making guitars with the same design but with different features?

Is it possible I could run out of Santana’s, WSLs, and KL33’s in the near future? And should I start hoarding them now?

This is the sort of thing that keeps me awake in the afternoons.
I am replying to this, because I want to talk about the Santana model, and I don't know where else to go for a sympathetic ear. I bought the cheapest Santana model PRS made a couple years ago, and it changed my life. Right out of the box, it played better than anything I had ever seen. The low action and excellent machine heads were both eye openers for me. I had not previously appreciated, how important low action and good tuning pegs are. At 69 years old, I have been playing about 55 years. I played around with a punk band, got to see the USA, had some fun; but I only recently became serious about practicing, which has led to an even deeper love of music. But; I am old. I have not lived wisely. My hands are damaged, from too many low-paying jobs entailing too much hand stress; and also, I fear, from over-enthusiastic guitar technique. SO- I needed an easier-playing instrument, and this is it. The PRS Santana also demonstrates how much difference a quarter of an inch less on the scale can make in ease of playing. Following that avenue has led me to play mostly the short scale models with 22 to 24 inch scales. What I play most now is an Epiphone Les Paul Express, with a scale of twenty-two inches, flat. With upgraded machine heads and action set low, I can play it for hours, without causing myself pain. HEAR MY PLEA! I want PRS to make a 22 inch short scale. The world and I NEED a high quality 22 inch guitar. Only one major company makes a 22 inch model with good tuning pegs; and what kind of a screw-up is that, to give beginning guitarists an instrument that can't hold a tuning? Also, although I don't use them myself, we need a shorty with a whammy bar, and yours is nice. My cheapie Santana SE literally changed my life; big upgrade! And not least because of some elusive quality it has, that makes it feel so natural to my hands. We need a short-short scale with that mysterious PRS Magic. Please.

Back