What will happen to the Santana model?

Dealer pic, but have to add my +1 for Santanas.
I got worried when the Retros and private stocks started with non-Santana pups. Love those pups. And the neck. and the short scale. And the headstock.

j5ghry5nz0lurypxl3h5.jpg

Awesome! In Santana yellow!

Wait wait wait.

We’d have to find a new sponsor for the guitar model! I suggest we consider the Roseanne SantanaDanna model.

See, it all goes to show you, if it isn’t one thing it’s another, right 11Top?

I would support this idea, but only if the first one goes Mr. Richard Fader in Fort Lee, NJ.

The stop tail was because I almost didn’t put any pickups on the guitar. Paul Miles and I talked a fair bit about doing it piezo only while contemplating my original ideas for a finish.

I really want a Santana model with stoptail bridge. With piezo would be even better!

Man, all these high end Santanas have me drooling....

All I got is my piddly little SE
8j0vmgK.jpg

I've never even seen a Core model Santana in person. But, the SE Santana was also the first PRS I truly fell in love with.
I think that’s EPIC! :) Great figure and color on that veneer. Very classsy.

8j0vmgK.jpg

I've never even seen a Core model Santana in person. But, the SE Santana was also the first PRS I truly fell in love with.
That's a fine looking SE, had a double take before realising it wasn't a core model.
Also just noticed the bridge pickup is in a more "normal" position on the SE, the core version is positioned almost tight to the trem.

It’s pretty nice with a Trem, Hollowbody and a piezo....

TPYBuLB.jpg

Maybe this would be a good direction for a future model?
Love the wee face peeking out next to the volume knob.

Can you tell what all the knobs and switches are doing?

That's a fine looking SE, had a double take before realising it wasn't a core model.
Also just noticed the bridge pickup is in a more "normal" position on the SE, the core version is positioned almost tight to the trem.

Knowing diddly about any PRS models, I just stumbled upon one of these newer version models in a store. Liked it a lot. Went home, did some research and found it used at GC in another state. I honestly love this guitar, a lot. Not super excited about the pickups. But, also haven't put in enough time to fully decide yet.

These new 2017 and newer models are pretty kick ass.

Here you go. No piezo. This is the one Sergio mentioned earlier. Touched it!

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...-santana-ii-charcoal-burst-2004-s976/21072172

Yep..... made an offer on it two weeks ago, thought it was a more than fair offer considering condition. I’m patient.
I probably should sell a couple guitars and buy it. It would be tough but I’d give up my Brushstroke 24 and then my awesome 12 string to get it. Made some high end guitar purchases this year, some need to go. Sergio has first dibs on the Brushstroke 24. Lol. I could be pushed into it.....

8j0vmgK.jpg

Wow! That’s an SE? Top looks awesome! Congrats!

Back