What is Goldtop listening to?

David Bromberg's cover of Blind Willie McTell's "Dyin' Crapshooter's Blues"

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler, how could I ever explain what you've meant to me? I'm happy for you, but I already miss you so much it hurts. I'll never forget you, and I hope that life brings us together again someday.

Lloyd

'Let the music be your master...' Not quite, but it's a very close second.

Goldtop

Speaking of Grissom....
I have been searching for a good recording of this song - just found it today!

Hey, I'm a DG fanatic myself. Here he is with Joe Ely at a Texas Institution, Gruene Hall, in the mid/late 80's.

Goldtop

This is another one with Joe Ely's Band on the old set of the PBS show ACL. I don't remember exactly what year this aired, but it is the show that set the hook in me about David. To me, and no offense at all meant to the rest of the guys or Joe himself, there was only one star on that stage that night, and he was the one tearing up a PRS Goldtop. I hope that someday, somehow I get to own that guitar and be its caretaker. That would be a dream come true and an honor for me.

Goldtop

This is another one with Joe Ely's Band on the old set of the PBS show ACL. I don't remember exactly what year this aired, but it is the show that set the hook in me about David. To me, and no offense at all meant to the rest of the guys or Joe himself, there was only one star on that stage that night, and he was the one tearing up a PRS Goldtop. I hope that someday, somehow I get to own that guitar and be its caretaker. That would be a dream come true and an honor for me.

Goldtop

Really great playing on here. :)

Thursday the 18th. Happy Birthday to Mr. Chuck Berry! His 'complicated' life notwithstanding, if we're going purely on the basis of his music, IMO he's in a class by himself.

Goldtop

Man, Grissom was cookin' on that one!

Wasn't he? He's been amazing in my book for a long, long time. Plus, I haven't had the privilege of meeting him (yet), but from what I understand he's a very cool, nice, down to earth guy.

Goldtop

Latest discs in van are...Both Gary Husband "Dirty and Beautifuls"...1 + 2...A new twist on '70's fusion, killer players, all. Clockwork Angels, Rush...great CD!!!!!
Grissom's Loud Music...He IS Mr. Tone!!!! the Who's Tommy. Beatles "Help" soundtrack...LTE (Liquid Tension Experiment)...uh, Tony Levin. Killer chops
Only problem is deciding which to play....now I understand why Einstein had 7 suits exactly the same. Didn't waste time pondering what to where.

television-marquee-moon-cd-cover-artwork-857.jpeg

Saturday, Saturday; Saturday, Saturday; Saturday, Saturday; Etc., etc., etc.... (Imagine that; ME listening to The Who in any given twenty-four hour period. Who'd have guessed?)

Goldtop

Back