What is Goldtop listening to?

Today is also Lindsey Buckingham's birthday. He's 63 today. That's all the excuse I need to listen to some of his stuff!

Goldtop

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been off on a bit of a The Jam bender

We did. And she did. But then it turned out that I wasn't all that crazy about her. Odd... (Probably the fault of that dude in the corner playing his saxophone all night long. I never did care for sax music.)

Goldtop

For whatever reason, this one has always seemed like a tune for Friday nights to me. Have a good, safe weekend everybody.

Goldtop

When this movie first came out, I got absolutely sick of this song. But I watched a replay of it tonight, and thanks to the space of several years, I was able to once again enjoy the music in the soundtrack. Thank You God.

Goldtop

Back to Dwight for a Friday night.

This is dedicated to the pathetic pouch of putrid pond scum who sat off the fire alarm in my building this morning not once but twice between the hours of 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM. It's a toss up who hates you more; me, the other tenants, or the poor firefighters who you led on a dangerous and pointless wild goose chase for your sick, idiotic entertainment. We hate you, your family, your dog, your cat, and everybody who looks like you. May every toenail you have become ingrown. May your cell phone and your eyeglasses fall into a clogged toilet bowl at the sleeziest bowling alley in town. May you hit your thumb with a hammer at least seven times a day for the next year. May you be stricken with crotch rot so profound that it requires the medical journals to be rewritten.

The next time you want to pull a fire alarm for kicks, please pull off your own ugly, useless, empty head instead. You stink, you fink!

Goldtop

P.S. - Since this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened recently, some of us have a pretty good idea who is behind it. The management must have solid proof before they take action, but I'm not burdened with any such restriction. I'm free to act at any time I see fit. I've dealt with your kind of vermin before, and I'm ready, willing, and able to do so again. That's not a threat, just a statement of fact. And perhaps a bit of food for thought, that is if your microscopic brain can engage in such endeavors.

Find a new, less offensive way to get your jollies, you yabbo.

I have to admit that nothing can replace Johnny Cash's version of this as my favorite, but I like this one too.

Goldtop

Anyone else check out Kevin Costner and Modern West? Very Dave Grissom-esque. Much rockier than I expected--very cool.

October is a big month for The Who. Pete Townshend's autobiography hits the stands today. Tomorrow, the DVD "Live in Texas '75" comes out. Then next week another DVD is released. All part of the big machinery for their US Tour that starts soon, and all good news for Mr. Goldtop! (Except for the tour; Can't afford to make that happen.)

Goldtop

Charlie Peacock's new CD "No Man's Land." It's been in constant play since it was released last Tuesday. Great artist, great musicians (including Jerry McPherson, Andy Leftwich, Jeff Coffin) and his usual amazing songwriting and production. (He's most recently known as the producer for the Civil Wars).

Back