What is Goldtop listening to?

'I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle...'. Amen to that, man. DLR... Either love him or hate him. I'm in the former category.

Goldtop

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't fathom how DLR can be so ridiculous, and yet so entertaining. Such great licks too--that was Jason Becker era, I believe.

Just discovered Minus The Bear--they're really good. Reminds me of a slightly mellower Incubus.

I can't fathom how DLR can be so ridiculous, and yet so entertaining. Such great licks too--that was Jason Becker era, I believe.

Just discovered Minus The Bear--they're really good. Reminds me of a slightly mellower Incubus.

have you seen this recent article on Dave Knudson?

http://digital.premierguitar.com/premierguitar/201211_1/?pg=106&pm=2&u1=friend#pg106

now playing: new Bardo Pond release Yntra

bef2e14dbefaed6efc6cb92ea6a5d6ad.jpg

MISSISSIPPI QUEEN MONDAYYYYYY!!! 'Honey, beg your pardon, I was gettin' mine!'

Goldtop

Yes, there is that element to him, huh? He's one of my favorite frontmen and performers of all time in the rock world. I'm rereading his autobiography from the 90's "Crazy From The Heat", and in it he says that 'now (his) voice sounds like four flat tires on a muddy road', so I think he sees his own strengths and weaknesses. I don't know of any other entertainer who was/is more polarizing than DLR.

I hope this version of Van Halen doesn't pack it in for good this time. I'd like to see them live just once more.

Goldtop

"have you seen this recent article on Dave Knudson?

http://digital.premierguitar.com/pre...1=friend#pg106"

I don't remember if it was that article, but I did decide to listen to them after reading a recent article in SOME guitar mag. :). Thanks for the LINK!

Herring's latest is great, as is Sonny Landreth's.

More DLR (and Van Halen). Assumptions.

Goldtop

I have a blues slide guitar lesson tonight so I have been listening and playing this one to loosen up:

In preparation for the purchase of a new PRS HX/DA head and 2x12 cab I am listening to Gov't Mule, Allman Brothers and Led Zeppelin... Can't wait to step back in time with a brand new amp.

A new ZZ Top video, sort of a 21st Century take on "Gimme...". Ultimate fuzziness. A few more nights and I'll be there!

Goldtop

Up since Tuesday, and my turntable and CD players are earning their keep. Right now, it's Hubert and Howlin' Wolf.

Goldtop

'I believe I'll dust my broom'. Actually, I'm about to run the vacuum cleaner, but that's close enough. ELMORE!

Goldtop

It's already drippin', Baby... And it's only noon!

Goldtop

Last night ZZ was amazing. Lots of changes/improvements (IMO) for this tour. This was their opener.

Goldtop

Mr. Gatemouth Brown.

Have a good weekend everybody! Goldtop

I'm already in the Halloween Mood, and have been for awhile. In that theme, here's one from the new KISS album.

'Ghoultop'

Back