What guitar that you still own has been in your possession the longest?

This one is my eldest guitar - 540 Radius bought it new in '86...
100_1982.jpg

IMG_00305.JPG

First guitar...1974 SG (That damn Les Paul was too heavy when I was 10!!! Hidden bonus..came with Shaw pickups)
First PRS... 2007 satin Singlecut Trem artist (upgraded with 59/09's).
Still have them both and I hope to have enough exotic woods and mahogany to build my own coffin 'cuz I'm going to be buried with my guitars, one way or another!

I've had some good luck with necks on cheap basses. My first was a Squier II P Bass.. Horrible plywood body, but the neck was excellent. Sold it off, but in hindsight I should've scrapped the body and saved the neck. Now I have an SX short scale J and the neck is insanely good for a cheapo piece, lightly flamed even.

Nice x2!

yeah man this one has a slight flame in it too, and the rosewood is just lovely. Added bonus: the neck NEVER moves. humidity and temp changes day to day here all year round, other guitars live in cases and need adjustments all the time, not this neck. Solid as concrete.

If I stop using it as a bass I will keep the neck to defend the house with

I never get enough of seeing that guitar. And if I've never said it before, those birds just simply rule...!

Kevin

I still have my very first guitar ever...purchased in 1978...a surprisingly capable "Premier" strat copy. She's been modded innumerable times over the years, currently in David Gilmour mode...(included some PRSi eye candy in the background to stay out of trouble...)

Guitars number 2, 3 and 4 are lost to the sands of time...but #5, my first and longest tenured PRS (PS # 222) is still with me (and played at least weekly). Sorry if you've seen it before...

644AF9E3-F284-46E8-BD03-45DDD8303421_zpszfxstxdm.jpg

89199059-ED5D-48F9-B068-63438CD0EAD5_zpsmiygvkov.jpg

7FAE9818-2427-417B-B5DA-8BEB6315506E_zpsagpka7oi.jpg

I bought this '76 black beauty new. Still own her:

And this Artist II which I ordered is my first PRS, and she's with me to this day:

Oops. Forgot about acoustics. I bought this Martin D-41 in '76; the same year as the Les Paul. I still have it, too. I don't remember if it was the chicken or the egg.

I don't have my first anymore (It was a Dean Dimebag), but the oldest I have currently is an off-brand De Rosa acoustic guitar. Was my second guitar, and I got in a local shop for about $150 bucks, and it has been a surprisingly well performing guitar. I'm in the market for a new acoustic, but it's still kicking along just fine :)

Last edited:
How do you guys upload photos? Using the "image" button isn't working out for me too well...

You have to upload them to a photo sharing site, like Flickr or Photobucket, first. Once they've been uploaded, you can use the Image button in the tool bar, or just copy/paste the pic.

You have to upload them to a photo sharing site, like Flickr or Photobucket, first. Once they've been uploaded, you can use the Image button in the tool bar, or just copy/paste the pic.

I actually did have them running on photobucket when I used the image button. I inserted the URL but when the comment uploaded only a symbol with IMG appeared, not the actual image. Confusion, friends.

I actually did have them running on photobucket when I used the image button. I inserted the URL but when the comment uploaded only a symbol with IMG appeared, not the actual image. Confusion, friends.

I just copy the bottom URL choice labeled IMG and then paste it anywhere in the text box. Never use the picture icon thingy.

While I'm here:

93 CE bought new in 93. Horrible pic but you guys expect that from me.

That's what I always get too. Which is why I just copy/paste.

Back