What are you listening to right now?

Lately, it's been this. I didn't really pick these guys up until recently (despite being former Opeth drummer Martin Lopez's band,) bit I'm glad I gave them a shot. This has probably my guitar solo of the year so far.

50th Anniversay edition of Abbey Road is coming this month on the 27th with 23 sessions and demo recordings! I really love all the extras takes as it gives us a glimse of what they were thinking at the time and also shows how the song progressed.
I've always been a George fan, and this was always one of my favorites and will have 3 versions on the 50th reisssue

Can we also take just a minute to praise Paul and that magnificent bass line?

Last edited:
NIGHT DEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Special thanks to @markd21 for turning me onto these guys. Old school metal, from the present day! Makes me feel like I'm listening to Maiden in '83

LOL, awesome!!!! They really are a great band, and I am glad you're digging it!!!

As for me? I am listening to my own tinnitus :( watching my students writing their essays....

I keep getting the Chick-Fil-a elevator music stuck in my head on almost a daily basis, which leads me to drown it out by listening to a lot of Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius XM.

NIGHT DEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Special thanks to @markd21 for turning me onto these guys. Old school metal, from the present day! Makes me feel like I'm listening to Maiden in '83

Wow, very cool NWOBHM vibe! Made my aging headbanger soul glad.

I liked the Night Demon. Very cool. My wife may not be too happy with you guys...

Coming up today - I just got my download of the new Bryan Beller album to hold me over until the CD arrives.

Scenes-From-The-Flood-500x500-JPG.jpg

But what I need to order and have been digging very much is...

I liked the Night Demon. Very cool. My wife may not be too happy with you guys...

Coming up today - I just got my download of the new Bryan Beller album to hold me over until the CD arrives.

Scenes-From-The-Flood-500x500-JPG.jpg

But what I need to order and have been digging very much is...

Weird!

I've been delving into some more Sikth stuff.

A Sunday Evening Ballad, The Who style...This one needs to be played loud; crank the bass...

Good. Lord...

These guys are so savage in an almost casual way it borders on terrifying. And I suddenly get why Eddie VH cites Townsend as a major influence. I kinda knew Entwistle was a monster, but now I see it in a 21st century setting. Awesome.

(a little less distortion and some more rumble would have served him well)

Back