What are you listening to right now?

I'm finding the show rhythms and heavy yet ambient guitars of YOB make the perfect soundtrack to cardio workouts.

Baroness seem to top themselves every record that they release. This is my favourite from their new one, Gold and Grey:

In honor of Robert Hunter's passing, I've been listening to a ton of Dead. The man wrote some of my favorite lyrics of all time, RIP Robert.

"'Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door. "

"Reach out your hand if your cup be empty, If your cup is full may it be again" and "Let it be known there is a fountain, That was not made by the hands of man,”

"When I can't hear the song for the singer, And I can't tell my pillow from a stone"

"If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight" (My 3rd shift anthem!)

Frampton Comes Alive.

But this was a bountiful CD week and included - finally - a vinyl copy of Buckingham Nicks (I've had a needle-drop for years), and I'm still awaiting the Abbey Road big box, so I need more time.

But I did pick up the debut CD from a guy named Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. 20-year-old blues player - dynamite player, great guy. Saw him live last Saturday, and he didn't disappoint.

Back