What are you listening to right now?

Great show!!! All the hits you’d expect from a tour w/o a new album, and a few deep cuts. The staging is incredibly good - it’s not Kiss-level w/the pyro and such, but the actual stage sets and the changes are really well done. The sound was outstanding but very loud. Not ‘never been to a concert before’ loud, more ‘wow, this is louder than normal’ loud. I took the earplugs out for “The Trooper”, “Hallowed Be Thy Name”, and “Run To The Hills” (and part of “Number Of The Beast”), and it was kind of stunning, even to me. Bruce’s voice sounds great, and the band is tight as all get out. I did laugh a lot early on at Jannick Gers, because I saw a quote from him recently where he was asked why he runs around and preens a lot, and he said something to the effect of, “Well, Dave and Adrian were all worried about notes and chords and solos and music, and nobody was worrying about doing the goofy stuff.” Almost picked up a Trooper flag after the show, but showed rare restraint.

Raven Age opened the show. Decent, and the start was promising, but ultimately it just didn’t go anywhere.

One downside to the evening. We were in the third and fourth seats in our row. One row in front of us, next section over, was one of those guys who thought he was the show - dancing out in the aisle (and blocking it). Annoying, but it happens. But at the end of the row two in front of us was a young woman who was there by herself, and about halfway through the show, he took a shine to her and started trying to chat her up. She made it pretty clear that she didn’t really want to be bothered, but was very polite and non-confrontational about it. But he kept coming back and getting creepy about it. The people in the row in front of us even told him to leave her alone. Before the encores, the people in the first two seats in our row left, and sure enough, he went down to bother her again at the beginning of “Hallowed”, so I went up and told the usher. She came down (by this time he was back in his seat), so she said something to him, then stood between the railing the rest of the night and wouldn’t let him out of his seat. P!ssed me off that I had to go up during one of my favorite intros ever, but even more so that the dude had to be such a ********. Just go and enjoy the damn concert and leave the people around you alone. It’s not that frigging hard!

Between the track lighting in another post and three shows in four nights again, I’m beat. I don’t think I’d ever done three in four before this year, and this was the third time in seven weeks. I overheard my wife telling her mother she thought about staging an intervention, but she likes the time alone.

That's awesome buddy! Three in four, trumps my personal best of two in two days.

Glad to hear Mrs. A got a break from your shenanigans, and I'm glad ya had a good time!

Sad...I wasn't with you...

I would love to have checked out IM again after all these years. Well that and, I would have gladly "ushered" the annoying a-hole down the stairs...nothing a well placed foot and just the slighest nuge wouldn't take care of;)...well, I mean...ya know...that's what I heard...one time...alledgedlyo_O:D

Great show!!! All the hits you’d expect from a tour w/o a new album, and a few deep cuts. The staging is incredibly good - it’s not Kiss-level w/the pyro and such, but the actual stage sets and the changes are really well done. The sound was outstanding but very loud. Not ‘never been to a concert before’ loud, more ‘wow, this is louder than normal’ loud. I took the earplugs out for “The Trooper”, “Hallowed Be Thy Name”, and “Run To The Hills” (and part of “Number Of The Beast”), and it was kind of stunning, even to me. Bruce’s voice sounds great, and the band is tight as all get out. I did laugh a lot early on at Jannick Gers, because I saw a quote from him recently where he was asked why he runs around and preens a lot, and he said something to the effect of, “Well, Dave and Adrian were all worried about notes and chords and solos and music, and nobody was worrying about doing the goofy stuff.” Almost picked up a Trooper flag after the show, but showed rare restraint.

Raven Age opened the show. Decent, and the start was promising, but ultimately it just didn’t go anywhere.

One downside to the evening. We were in the third and fourth seats in our row. One row in front of us, next section over, was one of those guys who thought he was the show - dancing out in the aisle (and blocking it). Annoying, but it happens. But at the end of the row two in front of us was a young woman who was there by herself, and about halfway through the show, he took a shine to her and started trying to chat her up. She made it pretty clear that she didn’t really want to be bothered, but was very polite and non-confrontational about it. But he kept coming back and getting creepy about it. The people in the row in front of us even told him to leave her alone. Before the encores, the people in the first two seats in our row left, and sure enough, he went down to bother her again at the beginning of “Hallowed”, so I went up and told the usher. She came down (by this time he was back in his seat), so she said something to him, then stood between the railing the rest of the night and wouldn’t let him out of his seat. P!ssed me off that I had to go up during one of my favorite intros ever, but even more so that the dude had to be such a ********. Just go and enjoy the damn concert and leave the people around you alone. It’s not that frigging hard!

Between the track lighting in another post and three shows in four nights again, I’m beat. I don’t think I’d ever done three in four before this year, and this was the third time in seven weeks. I overheard my wife telling her mother she thought about staging an intervention, but she likes the time alone.

Douchebags suck!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show! It sounds like they are on par with the past few times I've seen them. They certainly have staying power. One of the best live shows, late in their career of any band out there.

That's awesome buddy! Three in four, trumps my personal best of two in two days.

Glad to hear Mrs. A got a break from your shenanigans, and I'm glad ya had a good time!

Sad...I wasn't with you...

I would love to have checked out IM again after all these years. Well that and, I would have gladly "ushered" the annoying a-hole down the stairs...nothing a well placed foot and just the slighest nuge wouldn't take care of;)...well, I mean...ya know...that's what I heard...one time...alledgedlyo_O:D

Forgot to add; there's a little nepotism going on. The opening band is Steve Harris' sons band. This is the second time they've opened for them recently. Goin back three or four tours, his daughter's band opened for them. Both rather forgettable.

A comparatively unknown in popular music circles, but Bryan Ewald knows Ray Lamontagne...I think this is a decent acoustic song, and the vocals are something I could aspire to...

Last edited:
Another vinyl purchase from Tuesday, Welcome Two Missouri from 1979. It still has the original Kmart price sticker on it, $6.99. Ron West was the driving force behind Missouri, while his brother Gary was in Shooting Star. Missouri opened for a lot of big names but remained mostly a regional band with their biggest "hit" being, Movin' On from their self-titled 1977 release. For Two they re-recorded Movin' On without the opening organ and wah guitar parts. I just couldn't pass up a mint copy of Two so it came home with me.

Movin' On from Welcome Two Missouri:

Love Electric Mary. I’ve exchanged messages with them online. Some lineup changes, but I really want to pick up the new CD. They blew me away at Experience, so much that I changed plans after their first show to attend their performance the next day as well.

I’m rather fond of these two.

Remember when these Aussies played at the Experience? They rocked it!

And damn, those PRSi sound killer. :eek:;)

Whoa!! Narrowfield McCarty sighting! :eek::confused:

(Somehow I missed these guys' set at the Experience -- heck maybe I was there, maybe I wasn't. Sure heard a lot of good things about it though. What I'm hearing now sounds pretty cromulent.)

Back