What´s the best way for changing strings?

My female doctor warned me a few years ago the next time I went in she would be doing a prostate exam. She said "The good news is, I have small hands" and held them up flexing them in a grabby-grabby motion. I was very disturbed by this, but looking back I think it is pretty funny.
Sounds like she has a great sense of humor!

I've changed strings dozens of times on acoustic, classical and electric guitars. I still can't get the strings right :( I'm doing something wrong. Next time I will try to use your video

You're so behind the times - the lab coat hides the garter belt holding up the fake pant legs.

So also watch out the snap of elastic?

Mine was an old Billy Connolly joke, when he talks about going to the Doctors over the age of 50.

Doc asks Billy to pull down his trousers and pants and lay sideways on the exam table, pulling his knees up to his chest.

The doctor puts on a pair of gloves and applies a clear fluid to them. Billy thinks, must be glove cleaning fluid.

Doc tells Bill, to take a breath in and “what the”?? Bill says it feels like the Doc has inserted a tree trunk inside his bum.

Bill finishes with, if I hear a zip being pulled up, murder will be committed.

Last edited:
Step One: Buy good strings. (ie D'Addario or Dean Markley Blue Steel or PRS branded strings). Don't buy trendy crappy strings... like for example those which have Billy Gibbon's name on them.

So also watch out the snap of elastic?

Mine was an old Billy Connolly joke, when he talks about going to the Doctors over the age of 50.

Doc asks Billy to pull down his trousers and pants and lay sideways on the exam table, pulling his knees up to his chest.

The doctor puts on a pair of gloves and applies a clear fluid to them. Billy thinks, must be glove cleaning fluid.

Doc tells Bill, to take a breath in and “what the”?? Bill says it feels like the Doc has inserted a tree trunk inside his bum.

Bill finishes with, if I hear a zip being pulled up, murder will be committed.

Years ago, when newsgroups were the big communication thing on the interwebz, there was a newsgroup called alt.tasteless. Yep - just what it sounds like. There were some subgroups as well. There were a lot of paramedic stories. Every now and then someone would complain, at which point someone in the business would say, "Look - when you see what we see, you come up with coping mechanisms."

One guy posted a story about how they did physicals as his school (I think it was college level). He decided to have fun with. They had a bunch of cube-like areas set up, not individual rooms. He went in for his, the doctor got up to the finger test, the guy leaned over the table, pop goes the weasel, and the guy moaned loudly and said, "Oh, god - deeper!" He said the doc ripped the glove off and said, "You're not supposed to enjoy it!" and stormed out.

Back