DGT SE Strings

Kevthewev

I have a new PRS DGT SE and found that the factory fitted strings are too much like cheese-wire so I’ve detuned a semitone which makes it a lot easier to play!
I believe that the factory strings are 10’s but I want to change these for 9’s (which is what I’m used to).
My question is: will I need to change/adjust the truss rod, tremolo settings and saddle heights (and/or anything else) by dropping down a string gauge?
TIA

Kevin

I have a new PRS DGT SE and found that the factory fitted strings are too much like cheese-wire so I’ve detuned a semitone which makes it a lot easier to play!
I believe that the factory strings are 10’s but I want to change these for 9’s (which is what I’m used to).
My question is: will I need to change/adjust the truss rod, tremolo settings and saddle heights (and/or anything else) by dropping down a string gauge?
TIA

Kevin

Yeah, basically what bodia said. You may need a small tweak to the trem claw screws, but I wouldn't expect more than that. You may want to check intonation as well, but it shouldn't need much adjustment at all.

I got a new DGT SE from Sweetwater in February. It played great right out of the case but I use 9's. I think I had to adjust the claw when I switched.

Last edited:
Back