Waiting is pure Hell

Daryl Jones

non-practicing pacifist
So, after another discussion with my dealer, my new SE HB II Piezo is still (even further?) delayed. Last report was it should have been in my hands a few weeks ago. Given what I go through daily here at work I thought, let's just wait and not hound the folks at the store. Yesterday it got the better of me and I called Tim (my salesman) for an update. Now it's back to "contact PRS for information." Argh. But it could be worse, the latest orders going in are not likely to be filled until well into mid/late 2023! So much for my plans for next weekend (set them up months ago) and now it will be an acoustic and my Custom 24 traveling with me. Not that it's a bad thing, given the free time I have between racetrack events to just chill in the fifth wheel and noodle away to my heart's content. Amp turned down low to avoid complaints from the neighbors of course. Just was sooooo looking forward to having my new baby with me for both amplified and unplugged ops and getting to know her intimately so to speak. Sigh, tears on my pillow...but just never thought I'd see a day where I would be disappointed to pick up/play my "old" PRS guitar...I guess I can be somewhat fickle myself too.
Of course that isn't the end of the sadness. Now my S12 Concert is held back later than proposed again too. That was supposed to be here in March, now it's maybe August...what really cheeses me off about that is it's made 100% here in Canada!

Pat on the shoulder, cuppa tea, fellow condolences. We feel your angst.

Most all PRS owners have waited for a custom order PRS at one time or another in their lives. Back in the late '90s, the wait time was about 15 to 18 months. Fast-forward to today and the increased business backlog of orders. Would safely estimate 16 to 22 months. Welcome to PRS Limbo.

I once waited a year and a half for a Martin. This was back in 1972.

The smart money is on buying from dealer stock. You can make sure it's the right one, you know what you're getting. No wait.

I've ordered a few PRSes, and never enjoyed the wait. I just don't do it any more.

On a more philosophical note, perspective is a good thing. Hell might be a little closer to what the folks in Ukraine are dealing with...:oops:

...On a more philosophical note, perspective is a good thing. Hell might be a little closer to what the folks in Ukraine are dealing with...:oops:
Either that, or describing why my distaste for the most recent Ozzy release doesn't pass the "is this safe for my son or daughter" test.

Just finished describing why I would not personally look at Ozzy's latest video. Why? Because I'm not about to put any stock in hook, line or sinker.

P.S. the kitchen sink is calling. See you tomorrow when the sink is clean again.

Regards custom order wait time, you learn about delayed gratification. If it were me, I'd find time to cultivate my additional hobbies like watering the flower garden, or kicking the soccer ball around. I've got other hobbies, but a custom build order really does require patience and a waiting attitude.

Last edited:
Regards custom order wait time, you learn about delayed gratification. If it were me, I'd find time to cultivate my additional hobbies like watering the flower garden, or kicking the soccer ball around. I've got other hobbies, but a custom build order really does require patience and a waiting attitude.
Oh, I have several other interests to occupy my fettered mind. I train martial arts regularly and that keeps me grounded and in decent shape. Plus I have my motorcycles to feed my need for speed, especially on the racetrack. Which is actually the main reason for my upcoming journey down to Calgary. Three days of fun on a brand new road-course. Exploring the boundaries of my own limits as well as my bike's, and then relax time playing guitar during the evenings and off days. Not a terrible thing to do at all.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my PRS SE Custom, and I have 5 other guitars to play (and a ukelele if so inclined), I'm just never satisfied/happy with waiting beyond what I was expecting. I'll survive my road trip and mini holiday just fine with a couple of my tried and true axes.

Back