Utter disappointment with PRS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you missed my point, but OK.
Your point was that my dealer must be at fault somehow. My dealer is not the issue at all. My issue with PRS has nothing to do with my dealer. PRS screwed up. After months and months and months and months and months they finally admitted to my dealer they (PRS) screwed up. My dealer let me read the text from the West Coast rep and the ensuing letter from PRS admitting they screwed up. After admitting they screwed up, their offer to rectify the situation was to do absolutely nothing.

PRS makes great guitars. They appear to treat their customers very well. As a customer, I have been treated poorly. My experience is not necessarily indicative of any other customer's experience. The point I'm making is that the OP feels PRS made an error and did nothing to fix it. I am another customer that experienced an error from PRS and their choice is to do nothing to fix it. It does happen, and all of the love for the company is not going to change the fact that sometimes they treat their end users poorly.

Again, my result is to never ever order a guitar from PRS. I don't care who the dealer is, I will simply never again order a guitar from PRS.

There are hundreds of gorgeous PRS guitars available online with no build delay. The only reason I haven't cancelled my order and simply bought something else is because I don't want my dealer to be stuck with the guitar. My dealer (and NOT PRS) has been tremendously helpful through this whole idiotic process and I want to reward them with business in spite of PRS.

Way past time for pie
612d8afe-a787-45bd-9276-f4d9e23d202d.jpg

Guitars are very personal purchases. If you don't like it, return it. This should be between you and your dealer. I have returned quite a few guitars because there was something I didn't like. I think the cap looks really good, but what I think doesn't matter with your guitar. What is your intent with this thread?

...... What is your intent with this thread?

I just needed someone to hear me out, at the time of writing and the couple of weeks I dealt with this, I had a lot of frustration built up inside since literally no one was on my side.

Now that I've expressed my feelings and received awesome support and feedback from you guys, I can put this behind me and move on. Yeah it's a bummer I went a whole year waiting for my dream guitar that never came to be, but at the end of the day if receiving a guitar i'm not happy with is my WORST problem of the last two weeks, then I consider myself to be very lucky. There are tons of people who have worse things to deal with in life. I've said in an earlier post, I'm not angry anymore. I've let my steam out and now I'm good. It wasn't meant to be this time and that's that.

For some, nothing ever is. There's a word for that: nostalgia. It's why people are paying thru the nose for CBS-era Fenders that were "junk" when I was a kid.
QC is a process that lives in the 21st century. It's not a relic of the past, and there's nothing nostalgic about it. PRS is quite as capable of producing junk as anyone else if they don't keep on it.

I know you're bummed. Get it. Still, I think it's hot. That's just me, though.

I'm the guy that can't stop looking at this one, just because of the weird top!

https://reverb.com/item/15002113-pr...neck-wood-library-charcoal-contour-burst-6595

Yeah, getting tiring hearing that anyone “screwed up”, that’s not the case at all, the looks are subjective, period. Some people would be fine with that top. The OP didn’t like it, return it and get over it, and everyone else that doesn’t like it should get over it also. :rolleyes:

Yeah, getting tiring hearing that anyone “screwed up”, that’s not the case at all, the looks are subjective, period. Some people would be fine with that top. The OP didn’t like it, return it and get over it, and everyone else that doesn’t like it should get over it also. :rolleyes:

As someone who typically hates Internet whining and would typically feel the desire to defend a company like PRS from said whining... in this case I support the OP 100%.

Any urge I felt to sum this dude up dissapreared once I saw the first pic.

Me: “Who the **** does this guy think he is.....oh..... Yeah.... If I was this guy I’d be pissed too.”

At a certain point you just got to call a spade a spade, and maybe stop apologizing for it looking like a spade too.

Last edited:
I took a look at the pics again... But... No... Just no... I would return it if it was me.

Last edited:
Sorry folks. Still don't see any fault with PRS or their QC. This is a beautiful guitar. NOT for the OP. That's ok. It's a bummer you had to wait and then you didn't like what showed up. That can happen with a special run or when waiting for certain specs on a core. ( I wanted a whale blue 408. Brian's was able to get a pic of the only one in the pipeline at the factory. I had to take what I could get. As it turned out, I liked the top. Winner winner chicken dinner.) This is a very similar thread to one a while ago where someone didn't like that the top half of the book match didn't "match" the bottom half. IIRC, The comments were about the same as in this thread from both sides of the coin. Wood is different from piece to piece. Each takes stain differently from the next. It's appealing to some and not to others. That's why we don't sh!t on other members NGDs even if we don't personally like the guitar. The guitar has been returned and the search is on for another PRSi. Should be end of story.

IMO, it's easy to say it's a normal guitar with no issues since you're not the one who waited a year+ and took delivery of it. There's a fine line between saying it's a gorgeous guitar vs actually spending $$$$ on it.

IMO, it's easy to say it's a normal guitar with no issues since you're not the one who waited a year+ and took delivery of it. There's a fine line between saying it's a gorgeous guitar vs actually spending $$$$ on it.

That is correct. I haven't yet had the opportunity to wait that long for a guitar. (soon, I hope!) Saying something is beautiful and buying said beautiful object are two different events.

I get what the OP is saying and if he doesn’t like it he should definitely send it back but I don’t know that I’d go so far as saying that QC messed up. Maybe that top should of been a normal top instead of a 10 top but I don’t think it’s hideous by any measure.

I had a somewhat similar experience with my wood library quilt 10 top. There is sort of a blotchy spot under the tone control, but the rest of the top is so amazing I just chalked it up to wood being imperfect and it doesn’t bother me at all. I could see how if someone was expecting a perfectly symmetrical top they would be unhappy with it though.

j4cPFt1.jpg

That splotchy spot under the tone is nothing compared to the OPs guitar. (in my opinion) I get that wood comes from a living thing so it's not always going to be uniform and even. But that streak is right in the largest and most prominent spot on the top. I just looks bad. I wouldn't be happy with it after paying $4k. It might sound and play great but for me, a $4k guitar is going to have to look perfect too.

OP - Sorry about your guitar. I was really hoping this was really an April Fools joke. It does seem like a cruel joke. Return it and get another one please. :) There are so many beautiful PRS already out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back