USA Guitars/PRS Core out of reach?

For the most part, USA made guitar prices have pretty much stayed constant relative to inflation. High end instruments have always been dear. The biggest change I see is how good the quality of lower priced instruments has gotten. A current SE custom costs less adjusted for inflation than the crappy copy guitars from the '70s when I started, and there's no comparison in the quality.
The OP is making the stereotypical wealth envy judgements. Like others here, I have worked hard since I was young, make an OK living now (in the last 10ish years of my career) and have always stretched to get the best guitars I can afford while taking care of my family and my future. I don't have to justify my choices to anyone (maybe my wife!).

Why are some of you guys even giving this serious responses?

C’mon, dude spelled out what his intentions were from the get-go, he’s f@cking trolling.

“Hey, I’m not racist but...”

“Now I don’t hate women but...”

“Not to be a d!ck but...”

This is a garbage thread.

C’mon, dude spelled out what his intentions were from the get-go, he’s f@cking trolling.

Truth, man. It’s what kicks a troll back under the bridge. And, on the off chance he isn’t trolling, sheds a little light on a myth he’s heard elsewhere. Never hurts to educate.

Respectfully, I have considered the points that you have made. But does it change the fact that USA guitars will eventually be priced too high for most people to afford? That's what I'm concerned about primarily.
I guess that (admittedly only one page in to the thread) I don’t understand the question. If I’m not mistaken, PRS will sell more guitars than they ever have in the history of the company. We also know that a new PRS costs less in inflation adjusted numbers than it did 30 years ago.

It’s thus ridiculous to say that PRS is pricing themselves out of the market. Gibson has multiple models that cost more for arguably less quality. But I’ve seen multiple Fender Custom Shop guitars in my email box lately from stores ads, that cost way more than I’ve paid for any of my PRS guitars. And they bolt neck guitars, many fo which look like someone drug them down the road behind their car for a couple years.

A core model PRS IS a high end instrument. You don’t need to get a Private Stock for that. I think I said this in a thread two weeks ago, so I’m sorry, but do you ask the same question to Lexus or Mercedes Benz?

I love my CE24 semi hollow. It is great quality, I think it was worth every penny. So to each their own.

Yes, PRS it basically at production capacity, and orders are taking several months from the factory. They are having zero demand problems, and there are not enough 1% guitar players to have that level of demand.

Respectfully, I have considered the points that you have made. But does it change the fact that USA guitars will eventually be priced too high for most people to afford? That's what I'm concerned about primarily.

People have been saying that USA made guitars are going to become too costly for the past 15 years I’ve been on guitar forums. Has not happened yet. I bought a new Core Custom 22 in November and a new Silver Sky last week. Yes they were a fair amount of money but so was my $5K Taylor. I choose to spend my money on guitars vs alcohol, drugs, or other vices that some of my friends prefer to use theirs for.

Cuz sometimes it's fun to play...;)

Back