USA Guitars/PRS Core out of reach?

Well I'm late to the party but I'll say this.

My friends dad had a prs when I was learning to play....once I started to know a thing or three. After playing the racks locally for years I realized that what I ultimately wanted was a prs. This was around 99 or 2000 once I realized.

So, making around $7 usd/hr I just started saving every penny I could. ALWAYS brought my lunches from home. NEVER bought any unnecessary crap while out and about, whether during work hours or chilling with friends. Not even a 25 cent little debbie snack or a beverage...NOTHING. Within about 3 years I had a decent marshall amp and a brand new custom 24. I had to take a 6 hour round trip just to try any. Now they're only 20 minutes away.

Was it difficult? Not very.

Was it worth the "sacrifice" and wait? TOTALLY!

I still earn crap wages to this day. But if someone living even slightly above poverty really wants it, they have no children, and they're smart with funds....even if it takes 5 years, they can own a core model. Luckily for me and the rest of the world I have no offspring. Lol. Even with children I think most people could at least get a used one if following my example. IDK but IMO...but you know what they say about opinions....

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

If coming up with $800-1200 for a used Mira, CE, or McCarty etc. proves to be too difficult... you’re absolutely f@cked with what the rest of life is gonna throw at ya.

Depends on income. I know of a lot of people that couldn't justify such an expense for what could be considered a toy. There are lots of people who are barely able to survive from one paycheck to the next....and at no fault of their own. Life is expensive and there's not always opportunity for fair wages. People are lucky just to be able to have poverty wage jobs in many places. Hard to buy a prs when you can't even put money in the bank. :(

Depends on income. I know of a lot of people that couldn't justify such an expense for what could be considered a toy. There are lots of people who are barely able to survive from one paycheck to the next....and at no fault of their own. Life is expensive and there's not always opportunity for fair wages. People are lucky just to be able to have poverty wage jobs in many places. Hard to buy a prs when you can't even put money in the bank. :(

Yeah, I lived at or below the poverty level for twenty years, I get it.

Back