This or that.... Which one stays? *With photo now*

2022 Aquamarine CE 24 Standard 57/08 or Black S2 594 Thinline

• Total voters

tyfu20

Fast Man....let me tell you my story
This would have been so much more fun if Imgur would play nice and let me upload photos. Just got an Aquamarine CE24 Standard with 57/08s and have a 594 Black Thinline with amber lampshades. Both mahogany bodies, pattern thin. Differences are scale length, bridge, glossy vs satin neck, 57/08's vs 58/15S. First time playing 57/08's and they sound amazing. Both are great, but ones gotta go. Essentially in both for the same price. Already have a Fiore and CE 24 semi-hollow which are locked in. Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
OK, so I voted that the CE should go. It seems to me that some may be confused about what their vote is signifying, so you may want to adjust the wording on that a bit so people know if they are voting on which to keep or which is to go. After reading all material (title, OP and vote) several times, I determined that you are asking which one should GO. Correct me if I am wrong and if I am (and we are instead voting on which one should stay), I will then change my vote as I believe you should KEEP the S2!

Do you have a 594 yet? If not, this is a no-brainer. The S2 594 ended my search for guitars.
I've had a few
Do you have a 594 yet? If not, this is a no-brainer. The S2 594 ended my search for guitars.
I've had few, single cut semi-hollow, core dc, and 2 other S2's. I've turned into a pattern thin guy.

I've had a few

I've had few, single cut semi-hollow, core dc, and 2 other S2's. I've turned into a pattern thin guy.
And of course the proper answer is KEEP BOTH! Had to be said!!
Wish I could, I had sneak these both in the house while my better half went out of town.

I've had a few

Sorry, I should have read more thoroughly. I didn't realize you already own both. Good luck with your decision!

Wish I could, I had sneak these both in the house while my better half went out of town.
I know the feeling! I have a cheap Gretsch I bought last year but it is at my Mom's house many states away. I am going there shortly and when I leave I am thinking about bringing that one home, but girlfriend is picking me up at the airport so not sure how I could sneak this one past her! I am lucky in that it is an inexpensive guitar, but for her it is more about the "clutter" of my equipment that is the problem, not the price! First world problem to be sure!! Best of luck with your new axe, whichever you choose!

Random aside: in another forum a guy shared a story that his wife only knew about three of his 11 guitars. But for some reason he bought seven stands and left the receipt in the car. She was not happy.

Anyway, I vote to keep the Thinline, so you have a shorter scale, mahogany bodied, set neck, non-whammy guitar in the mix. I do like the color of the CE24, though.

This was very close. First off, I will say that the CE Standard with the 57/08's gets so close on the neck pickup to the Thinline's tone. Maybe it's the almost 8lb hog body that attributes to that sound, but it is great. With that being said, the Thinline just has that tiny bit extra that makes it sing and it will be staying for the time being. I may throw some 11's on just to help with the tension that I enjoy from the 10's on my other longer scales guitars. Thanks for playing along.

Back