S2 Standard 22 2019

My 2017 S2 custom 24 and studio are dead nuts standard, other than wooden trem tips. I palm the trem a lot and can feel the seam. And wood is more comfortable. Both of those guitars have stock pickups that I’m very happy with. Because I love the tone, I will not change the trems on those 2 guitars. I know if I change anything, it’ll change the tone.

I just got one of these from the Guitar Center in Goodlettsville, TN. It had been hanging on the wall forever (and apparently played very little since the pick guard looks practically new) but I saw in it what a new set of strings and a setup could do. It's a great little guitar for the $1199 I paid.

All mahogany and with some more vintage voiced PAF style hum buckers I'm guessing I can make it sound more SG-ish. It's so lightweight, too.

Last edited:
Mine is a glossy one in antique white. 85/15S pickups. Since I have a pair of CE24s with USA 85/15 I might swap them but I’m not in a hurry.

Are you sure they are 85/15s?

Seems to me there were S2s with 58/15 pups in them and they went to the 85/15s around 2019.

That would be a nice bonus.

Bob

They’re uncovered and I thought the 58/15 S was covered only. Serial number starts with 19, too.

Back