The Thread That We Post Purple PRS In To Torture JustRob.

Korey Cooper from Skillet uses a purple PRS that I think is just stunning:

10341463_10153508302368014_472393095666423358_n.jpg

Is that a magenta top? That is beyond.

Ultraviolet...it looks like a combination of the purple and blue in their violet...plus pinkish highlights in between...hard to photograph, but that one is the closest to capturing it. Was gonna try to get some daylight shots before posting an NGD.

If we were still trying to torture Rob...I'd post my new PS Custom 24 McThick...oh well...haven't had time to get around to a full NGD post yet, so maybe just a peek...

Can't wait for your NGD to know the full story about this gorgeousness

Purple is my color. And that shade...wow! Very nice.

If we were still trying to torture Rob...I'd post my new PS Custom 24 McThick...oh well...haven't had time to get around to a full NGD post yet, so maybe just a peek...

How about a custom mix for a project? Not going on a PRS, but spent a good couple weeks working this to get the right shade and blend (purple and green make brown, so it was a little difficult to get the two colors to fade right), also had to change the hues just a tad so when I added the oil top coat the colors showed correct.

I might refinish my SE at a later date after I finish this Peavey I've been working on.

I'm also really excited to see this guitar finished at Brians... But mostly because this was exactly what I told him I wanted. My mistake though, I had to back out of a PS build for a family issue, I'm really happy to see the color idea worked. I might see if I can buy it, if it hasn't sold already, lol.

If it sounds anywhere close to as good as it looks.....jackpot....winner, winner, purple rockin' dinner!

This color excels on tightly flamed maple, and I'd be hard pressed to find a tighter specimen. WELL PLAYED, SIR. This looks sensational.

Agreed -- it seems flames take the colours better, I'm leaning towards flame on my eventual build.

Forgot to post this too... Does natural purple count?! Found some nice purple heart that'll be used as the top, headstock and back plates for my first build guitar build. We used it as the "guestbook" at our wedding. If all goes to plan, I'll laminate maple and black walnut, any angles I cut will give a nice effect while still allowing the purple heart to shine though.

Back