The Thread That We Post Purple PRS In To Torture JustRob.

I'll bite. "Skitchy mod?"

There's a thread on here somewhere about this...I just can't find it right now. Basically adds a P/P pot to the tone control which splits both pickups to SC mode yielding 3 additional pickup combinations (SC N, SC B, SC N+B). 8 pickup combos pluss the piezo makes the P24 pretty hard to beat in terms of versatility.

There's a thread on here somewhere about this...I just can't find it right now. Basically adds a P/P pot to the tone control which splits both pickups to SC mode yielding 3 additional pickup combinations (SC N, SC B, SC N+B). 8 pickup combos pluss the piezo makes the P24 pretty hard to beat in terms of versatility.

I want that for my P24. I wonder if it is worth it...I'm sure it isn't a $100 Parts and Labor "fix" by the PTC...

I want that for my P24. I wonder if it is worth it...I'm sure it isn't a $100 Parts and Labor "fix" by the PTC...
It involves only replacing the tone pot and some fancy re-soldering. Submit a work estimate/request through the PTC page...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Too bad it's a lefty. (And I'm told it really is metallic purple.)
e9bvlnhwjyguhu24eswj.jpg

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Not mine (yet again!), but .... man, if I wasn't saving up for a Private Stock and hadn't just bought the SC-J, one or both of them would be.
20439937314_6191c5c0ca_k.jpg

21062556775_5b8e7e0654_k.jpg

And probably my next (non-PRS -- sorry) bass purchase:
1600-LF155DXDSTP_angle.jpg

Last edited:
There's no teasing Rob anymore. He just upped his purple game in a MAJOR way!!!
First let me qualify what I am about to say with...yes. Yes he did.

But unfortunately, that's not how it works. I should know. I have one of my favourite guitar tops ever (the 30th earlier in this thread with the swirl top), and I still find myself being tortured by all the purple.

I am really happy with my magenta, though.

We have great taste ;)
I think I'm right in saying ours are violet burst.
Almost like red grape juice has been thrown on the guitar.
Would love a bright lime green one to go with it - make it apple and blackcurrant.

First let me qualify what I am about to say with...yes. Yes he did.

But unfortunately, that's not how it works. I should know. I have one of my favourite guitar tops ever (the 30th earlier in this thread with the swirl top), and I still find myself being tortured by all the purple.

I am really happy with my magenta, though.
Well, I'll need to get in on all of this purple love. Working out some details with the PTC right now. Getting ready to send off a Whale Blue Cu22 for a facelift.

Back