The Thread That We Post Purple PRS In To Torture JustRob.

Bam!

DSC_9188.jpg

This is a different kind of purple... (Originally blue, this is a PTC repair and refinish.)

front2.jpg

:spitcoffee: Thanks Sergio! Since you put it out there, I've been on the search. But the more I've searched and the more I've seen, I'm looking for a lot of different wants in one package. All of those so far are beautiful, but...

I want a stoptail. I have 2 with trems already.
Any pickups except 59/09. I have 2 with those already.
Hollowbody or Semi-hollow are preferred, or something with a body thicker than a CU.
RW Neck
Quilt top.
The purple I'm thinking of leans more red, with a bit of blue. The Raspberry and Orchid come closest, but I have seen Armando's Amethysts that I love.

In the meantime, I might just pick up a ZM SE and consult Sergio for advice on a D.I.Y. purple Maybe join his Destruction on a Dimebag contest. (Design would be far too kind for my skills.) :biggrin:

All purple...or just the right amount of purple?

This one took my breath away. Soooo close to what I want. Probably one of the inspirations of my GAS. That reddish color just above the volume knob and under the bridge pickup nails it.

In some lighting, this one appears purplish....
IMG_8442.jpg

...or red grape,...
GoodCaseCloseFix.jpg

...but this one is very deep purple.
DSC_0050-2.jpg

Both have bodies thicker than a CU.

Last edited:
:spitcoffee: Thanks Sergio! Since you put it out there, I've been on the search. But the more I've searched and the more I've seen, I'm looking for a lot of different wants in one package. All of those so far are beautiful, but...

I want a stoptail. I have 2 with trems already.
Any pickups except 59/09. I have 2 with those already.
Hollowbody or Semi-hollow are preferred, or something with a body thicker than a CU.

RW Neck
Quilt top.
The purple I'm thinking of leans more red, with a bit of blue. The Raspberry and Orchid come closest, but I have seen Armando's Amethysts that I love.

In the meantime, I might just pick up a ZM SE and consult Sergio for advice on a D.I.Y. purple Maybe join his Destruction on a Dimebag contest. (Design would be far too kind for my skills.) :biggrin:

Man, that sounds like you're going PS! Who's got a PS near Maryland that Rob can touch to push him over the edge?:evil:

Man, that sounds like you're going PS! Who's got a PS near Maryland that Rob can touch to push him over the edge?:evil:

:laugh: I call the guy for advice on refinishing an SE, he tells me I need a PS. An enabler of the highest caliber! (It's ok. Sometimes I think I need both, and then I realize how much I abuse the word "need".)

Loving all the pics guys. I know there are plenty more out there because I have a lot of them in my "Want" folder on my hard drive.

Back